“Return visit deserved”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Seward
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stop by here every time I'm in Seward! The baked items are good. I've never had any complaints about the food.
The shop is unique. Not your usual tourist trap, but quirky, fun things!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We frequented this place daily on our 4 day stay in Seward. We bought a variety of pastry and cookies for breakfast in our cabin. All were good and they have some out of the ordinary selections that we enjoyed. Service was prompt but a little impersonal, but they were busy. Worth the stop when you are in town.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is one of the select places in Alaska in get chocolate croissants. Even though I'm gluten free nowadays, I still always treat myself to one when I'm in Seward because they are amazing here! They have some great Alaskan artist made jewelry and artwork. Great place for coffee, quiche and soup.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this cute little cafe - cm - art gallery. Nice eclectic cafe atmosphere.

We ordered a cappuccino, latte and soup of the day.

The coffee tasted burnt. We could not even have half of it.

The soup had a small insect in it. I do not fault the coffee shop for it. It can happen despite the best of intentions while opening soup pots to serve and hard to catch at times - it is surrounded by greenery, bugs. The cafe appears to be clean. However, the service was disappointing. The server cm cashier (who also made the coffee) empathized w me but then asked me to go and speak to the owner to find a solution. No "can I offer you something else", no "let me speak to the manager".. After the manager and he conferred, he returned my money back. Either the owner does not trust or he was not interested in owning solving the problem. Either ways, poor customer experience.

After experiencing great cafes and restaurants in our alaska trip, this place was disappointing.

After so many great coffee places in Alaska, this place was hands down at the bottom of our list. I expected more from a place rated this high on trip advisor.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our first visit we had coffee and pastries, and both were so good that we returned later for lunch. Food and drinks were all delicious, and cheap too. Lovely informal atmosphere, and free WiFi into the bargain. There's also a great gift shop at the front of the café. The staff we encountered were all really pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank sometimesong

Been to Ranting Raven Bakery? Share your experiences!