Beach House Rentals
US$109
US$102
Sauerdough Lodging(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$155
Harbor 360 Hotel(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$149
Marina Motel(Seward)
US$77
Taroka Inn(Seward)
US$150
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsvacation rentalupstairs bedroomrocky beachapartmentcampfirealaskafishing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I echo Lynne's review. I almost bailed and forfeited the full payment. The caretaker says the smell comes from the boiler which is behind a cloth underneath the loft and facing the bed/garage door.

Can hear the toilet flusing, shower and furniture dragging across the floor from the upstair apartment.

Ameneties are nice otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Beachhousealaska, Owner at Beach House Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2010

I'm sorry to hear about your discontent about the TreeFort Apt. I sure wish that I had known about this the first day you were here. I never like to hear that a guest is unhappy, but I always do everything that I can to make your stay a good one. I would have moved you to the cute little cottage on the brochure. That is Beach House #2 which was available on June 9th and June 17-18th. I appreciate knowing about the problems about the TreeFort Apt & I am working on resolving the problems now. I am sorry about your experience and if you plan to return to Seward any time, I would be happy to offer you a free nights stay with your reservation in one of the Beach Houses. Again, I apologize for your experience. It is not often that I have complaints, but it helps me to improve the accommodations that I have to offer at Beach House Rentals.

Claire Musgrove, Owner
Beach House Rentals
www.beachhousealaska.com
beachhousealaska@gmail.com
907-362-2727

Reviewed 18 June 2010

The brochure we picked up showed a cute little cottage, but the place we got turned out to be a little efficiency in a house behind the cottage. It was definitely adequate, but it was dark and musty smelling. Not very inviting. The creepy thing was that the bed was pushed up against a door which opened up into a garage. There wasn't any locking mechanism that we could use to secure the door from the inside. We heard the caretaker (not the owner) going in and out of the garage. Probably nothing to worry about, but we did anyway and were glad when we got out of there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne62035
Beachhousealaska, Owner at Beach House Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Please note that this review is 3 years old now and the Treefort Apartment has been remodeled. The door that led to the garage no longer exists and the garage has been converted to a housekeeping supply room. We have a wonderful housekeeper and she takes pride in making sure each house is clean and well supplied for our guests. We get nothing but rave reviews about the cleanliness of the houses. You can view updated photos of each of our places on the website at www.beachhousealaska.com. Thank you for taking the time to review our site and we hope Beach House Rentals will be your home away from home!
Claire Horton

Reviewed 27 May 2010

We were planing to go to Seward earlier this year and found this place on tripadvisor with only 3 reviews. So we were a little nervous about this. More nervious when we had to sent full payment by check to the owner when we made the reservation. Anyway, we spoke to her on the phone and felt confident enough. So we booked it. It was the right decision!!! We really have nothing to complain about the house. It was big for the two of us. Claire (the owner) really paid attention on every detail of the house, even the shower curtain... The house was clean and well decorated. The guy on-call was very friendly and provided quite useful local information. The house#2 has 2 bedrooms. (The living room and the sofa can be turned into another bedroom.) The one on the 2nd floor, you can see the sea and mountains from the bed window. It's beautiful, especially in the morning after waking up. The whole house was well furnished and we really enjoyed cooking small meals after activities each day we were there. Oh, also, it's only 1-2 minute walk from the beach which make it very easy for our kayak trip. N&T.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Claire runs a nice clean place to stay. The place has great atmosphere. None of the sterile chain hotel trappings. Early morning walks along the street to see what the fishermen are up to are a must. The cabins are nicely shaded by large trees which is a nice option in the summer when it seldom gets dark.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2009

...Owner was very helpful even when we had a slight mix-up with rooms! We had three adults and two children and the Beach House was perfect, with room to move around. Would have loved to stay longer...The location is perfect, tucked right in the trees. There is a firepit for chilly evenings by the beach and kitchenettes. There is so much to do in Seward, what a great little sea town and staying at the Beach House was very enjoyable for all of us!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family