“Fantastic Lodging in Seward”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Havenwood Guest House
Ranked #21 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The other reviewers have said it - this is a great place! The Havenwood Guest House is well appointed, with everything you could want to have your own little place in the woods. I've stayed in other places / vacation rentals before in Seward and this is so far my favorite.

There isn't a detail that isn't missed, and everything is run so well! Even though Karen was not there when I arrived, everything was well organized and the place was perfectly set up for a guest arrival.

There are two beds, one bedroom (nicely appointed furniture), and a spacious loft area with nice memory foam mattresses. The view out of the main area is beautiful -- you could sit in the family room snuggled up with a good book or your loved one and enjoy this gem in the forest.

I was offered to use the hot tub, and, what a treat it was! After a long day of rain filled adventure in Seward, the hot tub was fantastic!

All in all, when I come back to Seward I am staying here, no doubt about it. Great price, great location (about 5 - 7 minutes to downtown Seward), and great accommodation. Thank you Karen!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank voodoo-d
hikeamountaingal, Owner at Havenwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Thank you for your kindness shown in this response! You made my day! We certainly look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Our best regards!

The Proprieters

Reviewed 1 September 2011

One of the best parts of our two week vacation was our stay at Havenwood, top notch in every aspect. It was like we had our very own house to ourselves. The guest house has everything you could want for a extended stay, laundry, kitchen, large bedrooms. We spent two nights here, while traveling into Seward for our day trips. Cookies were made for us daily, we were always asked if there was anything else that we might want. We spent the evenings snuggled up watching DVDs, after we finished our day in Seward. I only wish our vacation could have been longer as I would have enjoyed staying for another couple of nights, as we really enjoyed the peace and quiet of their home.

1  Thank electricglide91
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were greeted with a pleasant surprise pulling into the drive way. The house is surrounded by beautiful woods, on a quiet street. Inside is even better, spacious, clean and very well equipped with everything a family needs to make a vacation home away from home. I can't say enough about this place and wish we had more time to stay longer. My daughter enjoyed the loft area very much. The kitchen is well stocked. We made good use of the laundry within the unit. We didn't have a chance to use the hot tub or the grill but wish we did.

The hosts, Karen and Duane, are wonderful. It's not B and B but we were given fresh cookies each day. The fridge hasa fresh milk jug, and the cupboard has several kind of cereals. The unit reflects meticulous care the owners have put in. We were so fortunate to stay here.

Kenai Fjords boat tour and Exit galcier are wonderful. Wish we had more time to spend in Seward.

1  Thank Bluebear_11
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Great hospitality: a warm welcome greeting, freshly baked cookies on the table, milk in the fridge... The house is beautiful, impeccably clean and nicely decorated, the beds are comfy, the view of the mountains from the jaccuzi is peaceful. Totally secluded yet close to town and Exit glacier.

1  Thank ccm0610
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My adult son and I took a week-end trip to Alaska, and spent only one night at the Guest House. The accommodations were perfect for us, with a separate bedroom and large loft with another cozy bed, plus a living/dining room and kitchen. I loved the large windows, and the excellent condition. It looks just like the photos on-line.

The host greeted us upon our arrival, and brought us some delicious, homemade cookies. She provided excellent restaurant advice as well.

The Guest House was very close to town, but nestled in the trees, so very private and quiet with a roomy parking area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank judyisreadytogo
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here for a week and loved the place. We were on a family vacation (two adults and two children) and it was perfect for us. She even had a few games and toys for the kids to play with. We found the place to be very comfortable and inviting :) The kids loved having the loft to sleep in. One thing I will mention is that the stairs leading to the loft reminded me of the ladders to get into bunk beds and could be difficult for some people. Some of the added touches that we really appreciated were the games and toys for the kids, cereal, teas, coffee and snacks for us to use which she replenished during the week, having a washer and dryer to use (she even supplied the soap), the cookies and blueberry coffee cake that were delivered to our door, and having use of the hot tub. The place was conveniently close to town, but quite and a bit out of the hustle and bustle. I would definitely recommend this to friends traveling in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank debrajloss
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The Host Karen Chase provides the most comfortable setting after all your little day trips in Seward, Alaska!! The Guest House was spotless and she even made us homemade goodies!! Our Grandchildren loved the Hot Tub!!! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for everything you need to relax in Alaska!!! Andrea Rickards

Room Tip: Call 907-224-3261 or go online for real photos