“Awesome Family Weekend for the Lost Lake Race.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renfro's Lakeside Retreat

Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
Anchorage, Alaska
“Awesome Family Weekend for the Lost Lake Race.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights with our 10 week old infant and had an amazing time. The cabin was comfortable, warm, and very cute. When we arrived the table was even set! I ran the Lost Lake race and it was such a great to be able to come back to a hot shower. Great times had by all...

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary G, Owner at Renfro's Lakeside Retreat, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
I appreciate your review! Thank you for taking some time to enjoy the cabin and location after your grueling Lost Lake Run. Those hot showers with on demand hot water can be so comforting after such a run. I am glad we met your expectations and even exceeded a few by setting the table for you. Come back again next year for another amazing time and adventure!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We went to Alaska for our honeymoon, and stayed here for a few nights. We loved it. Gary and the staff even had a little honeymoon note on the table with cider! The cabin was great and had everything we needed. The kitchen had plates, bowls, utensils, pots, pans, everything. The room was clean, and the place was really cozy in general. We stayed in Cabin 1 near the lake, and it was a great view. There are also pedal boats, so if the weather is nice, you should definitely take it on the water. We will definitely stay here again next time we go to Seward.

Also, Gary helped us get a 10% reduction on the Kenai National Fjords Tour

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay extra to have a cabin on the lake.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a great review of the Retreat! We take pride in the small things we do to make your stay more enjoyable - such as the Honeymoon cider and note! I am pleased the cabin, property and other amenities were everything you expected. I would love to see the two of you again in the future and welcome you back anytime! Thank you again!
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family stayed there with friends for 2 nights. Nice cabin with great lake view and convenient facilities gave us very warm memory! No doubt, I will choose this one again when visiting Seward next time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy Y
Gary G, Owner at Renfro's Lakeside Retreat, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I am thankful for your review! The lakeside cabins have the most amazing view of the lake and on a sunny day I could relax in the chairs on the porch and just gaze at it for hours, unfortunately I do not get to do that enough. I am glad others get to experience it though to create those warm memories. I appreciate the vote of confidence and I will look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have been fortunate to stay at Renfro's twice now and cannot imagine a trip to the Kenai without staying here. This year we even shipped some of our gear ahead of time and Gary kindly dealt with the hassle of a botched post-office delivery and left our gear in our cabin for us! (sorry again, Gary!) I noticed on another review that someone gave a cleanliness rating of "3" and I completely disagree. Our cabin has been spotless both times we have stayed here--including the coffee maker and the odorless fridge. The cabins heat up in minutes, the shower had great hot water pressure (a dream after 6-8 hours on a wet trail!) and are quiet. There was a young family staying next door on our last night and they were playing outside and I thought they had gone to bed! Really, a great experience and one we cannot wait to repeat.

Room Tip: There is a small beach and he has paddle boats and life vests for guests to use. The cabins all hav...
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am grateful for your review! Thank you for taking the time to cover so many items within your writing space. I do enjoy repeat customers as it tells me this is a special place to them as it is to me. And if you can imagine not staying here during your next trip, then even better! I appreciate the comments in regards to the cleanliness as we are well known for how clean the Retreat is and continues to be. The retrieval of shipped items is just one of the services we offer to make our guests stay more enjoyable along with the continuous hot flowing water for showers. I expect you to repeat your great experience and make it better during your next stay! Thank you again for coming!
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We are thrilled with our experience at Renfro's. This is the 3 time I have stayed there and I continue to be impressed with how clean, warm and enjoyable our stay was. The kids love playing in the Seward area and getting away from it all at the lake. The paddle boats are a hit and watching all the wildlife on the lake is our favorite pastime! Thank you Gary for being such a wonderful host!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for coming to the Retreat again! I appreciate the feedback and understanding that we are exceeding the expectations of our guests in how clean, warm and enjoyable the property is. Our pedal boats are always a hit and our guests really do enjoy them. I am thrilled you were able to take some time and enjoy the wildlife in the area. Thanks for the kind words and I will see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our second stay at Renfro's and, as soon as we dropped our bags, we remembered why we returned. Our cabin was quiet, warm, clean and well maintained. The cabins sit on the edge of a pristine lake, but Renfro's location let us easily access hiking trails and Seward. Gary is a wonderful host dedicated to ensuring guests have the best possible experience.

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for returning to the Retreat and writing a review! I enjoy reading reviews where the guest feels right at home - that is what we strive for - a quiet, warm, clean and well maintained Retreat! I think we have one of the best locations on the Kenai Peninsula, within a short drive to Seward, Moose Pass, Cooper landing and the Kenai and Russian Rivers. The area is full of endless hiking and other activities for every family member. It will be great to see you again in the near future so another "best possible experience" can be created!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Renfro's cabins offered us the perfect way to experience the Kenai Peninsula. The cabins themselves are beautifully situated on Kenai Lake. They are the perfect way to feel as though you are in the Alaskan wilds, without missing any amenities. Cabins have just enough in them to make you feel comfortable (oven, fridge, kitchen table, comfortable beds, pots and pans), but nothing to distract you from being outside and experiencing Alaska (no TV, wifi in the cabin, microwave, etc). It was a lovely escape from our busy lives.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sara c
Gary G, Owner at Renfro's Lakeside Retreat, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Your review is appreciated! What a perfect stopping point to explore the Kenai Peninsula as we are in the middle of some of the most impressive scenery and activities in the area. I enjoy your description of the cabin, "the Alaskan Wilds without missing any amenities." Yes, we also unplug so to speak here with no t.v.'s, no phones, limited cell service and internet. It is the best way to enjoy the company of your friends and family or a lovely escape from our busy lives! Thanks again for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seward
Hotel Seward
Trail Lake Lodge
#1 of 1 in Moose Pass
Alaska Creekside Cabins
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, LLC

Been to Renfro's Lakeside Retreat? Share your experiences!