“great walking spot”

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“great walking spot”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Offers camping, a bike trail and an easy walking trail to the small boat harbor. All for free and there's a free city shuttle

Visited June 2014

Black Earth, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Discriminating Campground Host”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Iditarod is one of the Seward Waterfront Parks. It is the furthest to the south and the smallest with dry camping only, no tent, just 10-ish RV parking space. What it is lacking was made up for with its awesome view. However, this year they have a nasty camp host. We felt harassed, intimidated and discriminated by him. Perhaps it was the color of my skin, or my gender, or my small stature, or I am from out of state.

Thursday, May 29 we paid the parking fee at Iditarod kiosk and picked an unoccupied site 103. That evening when I returned to our RV, a man approached me and said I was in his site. The following is the brief and only conversation I had with the camp host. Judge for yourself.

HOST: Excuse me, how long are you staying?
ME: Ummm, a while.
HOST: How long? You know 103 is a reserved site for camp host.
ME: But there is no sign.
HOST: It's just because they don't know when I'm arriving.
ME: When I talked to the city worker who serviced the pay station (at 12:15pm) did not tell me about you. In fact he confirmed that I can pick any unoccupied site.
HOST: Those young kids don't know anything. (pause) When are you leaving?
ME: It depends on the weather.
HOST: The weather will be like this (motioning to the drizzling rain).
ME: I'm staying for the weekend.
HOST: So you are leaving on Monday?
ME: (I did not answer.)
HOST: I'll move into 103 when you check out on Monday.
ME: (I said nothing; and he turned around and went back to his RV. At this point I felt like I am being interrogated, given a deadline to vacate, and told not to return.)

He is the camp host who camped next to us. The following two days was rainy and everybody stayed inside. The host did things to show us that we are NOT welcomed, such as turning on his portable generator from 7:30am to 10:30pm, facing our window. When we came out during breaks in the rain, he would switch over to the big stinky generator of his rig just to show us. After two days, we had enough and left Seward.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank TwoIdiots
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Had a blast”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Took the kids here to have lunch and let off steam after the drive down from Anchorage. They had a blast. it was fun to just relax and let them play.

Visited May 2014
Davis
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great place to walk”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I really enjoyed the 1/2 mile walk from the harbor end of town along Resurrection bay to the SeaLife Center. Very nice recovery from the devastation of the earthquake/tsunami. The RV Park that extended along half of the path must be a great place to stay. I also enjoyed the various monuments and signs along the way.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sandra H
Hell, Michigan
307 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 579 helpful votes
“Gorgeous views and a nice walk for some exercise”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We walked all the way from near the Sealife Center almost to where the cruise ship passengers disembark on a clear sunny morning. The walk was pleasant and the views were stunning. There was good people watching by the rv park

Visited August 2013