Best Western Plus Edgewater Hotel
US$65
Hotels.com
Sauerdough Lodging(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$155
Harbor 360 Hotel(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
  • Restaurant
Taroka Inn(Seward)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea life centerstreet parkingbest westernsbay view roomsmall balconypartial viewinside roomroom was cleanresurrection baynice hotelshuttle serviceair conditionerhotel shuttlefree breakfastthe breakfast areacruise shiptrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The only good thing about this place was the outstanding breakfast lady and it's hostess! They were terrific! When we arrived there was no parking available. I checked in anyway, my first mistake. After eating an early dinner we were fortunate yo find an on the street parking spot. We gou d the parking lot is 2 blocks away. Since they knew I was handicapped when reservation was madae, they should have admitted this. Both of us walk with a cane or rollator, yet there was no help offered with our luggage! The first floor looks dated and the carpet needs to be cleaned. We found a cart to hall our luggage on but trying to negotiate the necessary turns to get it on the elevator was difficult. Sibpnce they were out od accessible rooms, I was promised our room roiled be very near the elevator. It was nit'. There was barely room to walk in the room. Certainly not enough to use a rollator! We could not even get the luggage cart into the room! There was not enough room to pass the bed to get to the bathroom, with someone sitting at the desk. There was barely room for one person in between the beds? Appointments were fine but the room was very confining'. On checkout no one offered assistance as we struggled with our luggage. The desk clerk was rude! Worst hotel at that price point, I have seen. We paid much less girl far better accommodations, the following night. Do not stay here if you can avoid it!

Room Tip: If u have to stay here,a try to get a room with a view.u
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is fine and our room was clean. Like others, our shower gel dispenser was empty. The person who was on bag duty that day was surly. Would have rather taken them up myself but we were traveling with 6 adults, one of which was 80.

The afternoon staff of Friday, June 20 was very unhelpful with no suggestions for dining (in that small a town????).

However, the staff of the two ladies in the morning were fantastic. So it depends on what time you go to the front desk as to whether you get assistance or not.

Overall, the worst service we received in Alaska (except for the two wonderful ladies there the morning of June 21.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank egoodell
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As you can see from the picture on this site, only a few rooms on the right side face the harbor. The harbor is very active, with lots of seagulls and boats. The Marine Museum is right across the street (see attached picture) If you don't get a room facing the water, you might as well book something much cheaper up the street, for example, at the Seward Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had an extra night in Seward and ended up at the Best Western. When we walked in at noon, the front desk receptionist said, "do you have any bags to check." It seemed like a standard answer they give everyone. We told her 'no' and wondered when our room would be ready. She responded, "4 p.m. and no earlier." We understand it takes time to clean and ready rooms but when we came back at 4, there was line that stretched across the lobby. I have never seen anything like this and my brother took a picture of the scene -- not pretty. If I owned this property, I would be pretty embarrassed.

Despite this, we did not think the hotel was a bad choice. The rooms have refrigerators, the cable is great and overall it is clean and comfortable. The internet computer in the lobby is not fast, so don't try using it. The location is pretty convenient, right downtown. Seward is kind of a cruise ship and fishing town with not much going on, so don't expect much here. Most businesses were for sale.

So overall, a mixed report for the Best Western. We probably won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank World_Hiker_Dallas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I chose to stay here at the last minute. I wasn't sure I wanted to drive back to Anchorage after my 6 hour boat tour. I booked an interior room with no windows (except for the frosted glass that overlooks the lobby). My room was clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. It was nice to be able to walk out of the hotel and go across the street to overlook the bay. Breakfast was your standard Best Western breakfast. Lots to choose from with both the hot and cold varieties.
The staff was wonderful, even when they were busy. From check in until check out I felt like a valued guest.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo