All reviewssea life centerstreet parkingbest westernsbay viewsmall balconyroom was cleaninside roompartial viewwater viewdowntown restaurantshotel shuttlebiscuits and gravyfree breakfastshuttle servicedecent breakfastthe breakfast areahotel is located
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were only going to be in Seward one night and found that this location couldn't be better. Once we parked our car there in the afternoon everything was within walking distance until we left the next day. We ate at the Seward brewing company, wandered downtown and walked over to the Sea Life Center. Also upon check in the receptionist upgraded us to a room with a view!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We had a terrible experience checking into this hotel. Michelle at the front desk needs some customer service training. MANY of us waited for check in that was pushed off until her shift change. Wet, Cold, and waiting, for her to giggle, sing, Make up words to the Game of Thrones song and tell us ~ guarantee check in time is 4pm. While the other staff kids scrambled to speed up the room cleaning process, she chose to goof around. I watched the little gal who checked the rooms to check them off the list as being clean and available bring Michelle the list and say good to go. Michelle chose to let us wait until shift change. ( funny thing is, upon our pickup at the train station that morning we had been told that rooms should be ready earlier because the day before they had not had many bookings ) WOW, did they get that wrong!! Felt bad for the staff change that had to deal with the long line of us cold, wet, and angry guests trying to check in! ON A GOOD NOTE ~ Matt who handles the bags and transportation ROCKS! Nice kid, and he really cares about his guests! Thank you for the City Tour, Taxi info, and transportation to the Cruise Ship! You did an excellent job!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank soon2banElliott
GmHotelEdgewater, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, so we may use that information to help with our follow up training to create a better experience for our guests. We are very sorry that you where unhappy with your check in at our property, as we strive to get everyone in well before our scheduled 4pm arrival time. I am glad Matt was very helpful, and you enjoyed your time in Seward.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The Best Western is a good place to stay, especially if you come in on the train like we did. Their van will pick you up at the train station & you can have your bags arranged to be collected for you. The rooms are nice & the staff is helpful. it is at the South end of town, near the Sea Life center & some really good restaurants. Breakfast was OK, not great. Their Shuttle will take you most places in town, but you can also walk. A good choice for Seward.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I arrived early and they were able to allow me to check in since they had the availability which took a lot of stress off from the beginning. The room is adequate size for one person or a couple and perhaps small children. Having the refrigerator with small freezer and microwave prevented some unnecessary eating out as well as the hot breakfast every morning. I was on the second floor at the end and did not have an issues with noise although it would have been nice to have the view of the bay. Since I was at the end of tourist season, there were not as many people around which probably helped on the outside noise factor. I was not fond of the small sink right outside the bathroom or the very small bathroom, but since I was alone it was fine. Being there for 6 nights I was able to make this my home away from home. Having laundry facilities was also helpful along with vending machines and coffee always available in the lobby. The staff went above and beyond for me several times which I appreciated greatly! Perfect location in the heart of small downtown Seward which made it easy to walk to restaurants, tourist attractions, and the waterfront. Since it is the only chain hotel in the small town it was great to stay somewhere with dependability. Parking could be an issue with only street parking but they had a gravel parking area a couple of doors down. The bed was comfortable, no internet issues, good TV service, and overall a good stay albeit a bit pricey. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end more private
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I'd stay here again. Nothing special but a good solid place to lay your head for a night or two. Right on the bay. My room was clean, comfortable and while it had a 70ish vibe. did the job. The fireplace in the lobby is nice on a chilly evening. Breakfast was largely a carb load. I would have appreciated the option for at least hard boiled eggs. By day 2, I kept food in my mini fridge and cooked in the in-room microwave (which were both welcomed additions).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business