“Great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Ballaine House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days when visiting seward and it was lovely. Bri (one of the hosts) was extremely welcoming and knowledgable. She suggested some beautiful hikes and great spots to eat out and was always there to help us with whatever we needed. The actual house was very clean, cozy, comfortable and full of books and dvds to enjoy! Great location, great people - I would definitely feel comfortable recommending this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here around a month ago for a 1 week vacation in Alaska, where I primarily focused on Kenai Fjords National Park and Denali National Park. In Seward, I stayed here for three nights and don't think I could have found a better place to stay. The location was great, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious, and the dining and common area was a perfect place to mingle with other guests. Bri, one of the hosts, was an extremely helpful person with tons of great tips- she really went out of her way to help me organize tours, boat trips, hikes, etc, and she even gave me a ride to the downtown area so that I didn't have to walk with my heavy backpack... The breakfasts in the morning were fantastic, they had a great tea collection, and I really enjoyed my stay here. I would recommend this place without hesitation for anyone staying in Seward.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laleh J
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The owner is very kind and share the tips for Seward sightseeing. And we enjoy the best American Style Breakfast in Bellaine House, even better than 5-star hotel. And remember to ask the owner to give you discount price for glacier cruise. It won back of your accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jun Y
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We loved it here. Right under Marathon Mountain, a cozy and clean little house full of nice people. We got lots of information about local attractions, help with our laundry, custom breakfast, and great company.

Room Tip: We had the king bedroom right opposite the upstairs bathroom, I think that was a good spot in terms...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Ballaine house for four nights and had a wonderful time. Our spacious room was on the first floor with a comfortable king size bed with street view from the windows.However there is only one common bathroom on the floor for the four rooms upstairs; but we did not face any problems. The host Sabreena is very helpful and fun and made us our choice breakfast. We would definitely stay here again if we visit Seward in the future.
P.S. Ballaine is a historic house and has a wiki entry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballaine_House

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staying at the Ballaine house was such a treat! The rooms were charmng, clean and comfortable; the breakfast offered had so many delicious choices; our hosts could not do enough for us. They loaned us coats, offered to wash clothes and gave great advice on things to do in Seward. We plan a return trip next summer and would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a fun experience. The decor was pleasing, the bed SO comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent - made to each of our personal needs and requests! Bree, the caretaker was very helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to go for meals out, and she bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant and relaxing - including doing laundry for our family group of 6. The owner, Marlee had warm jackets for everyone needing them while out on the boats, and also provided robes, and extra towels and pillows. The linens were top drawer! This B&B has a large well-lit living/dining/kitchen area with seating available for many, plenty of videos, books, and all kinds of information on Seward as well as on Alaska in general. Booking local excursions through her saved us 20%.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family