“Terrific home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Ballaine House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

What a fab place cant praise this enough jusy so helpful and friendly terrific cooked breakfast included I cant recommend enough. We visited 4 aug 2014. The home also has some wonderful history very short drive to the waterfront rooms furnished with quality items linen just fantastic just so homely

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annfromburnietas

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ballaine House over the 4th of July weekend. We had a very pleasant stay and were very appreciative of the hospitality provided by Marlee and Bree. As soon as we had reserved our room, Marlee sent quite a bit of helpful information about Seward via email as well as advice for our particular trip. The house and our room were very comfortable. Bathrooms in the house are shared, but we didn't find this to be a problem. There were more than enough fresh choices for breakfast, always with options cooked to order. We thought it was particularly kind that they accommodated us both days that we were heading out early. We very much enjoyed our stay and have been recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed two nights at the adorable and historical ballaine house and it was a wonderful experience. Bri cooked some delicious pancakes and was a wealth of knowledge about great places to hike and eat. Marlee arranged for my 26 glacier trip out of whittier which turned out to be a highlight for me. I would stay there again and again and AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tarla F
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a an unexpected gem on my trip to Alaska. The location and people made it all happen. From the Ballaine House to neat town of Seward I sure liked this location. Was only using this B&B as a layover but spent the extra day and night as recommended by Hostess and am glad I did! I found The Ballaine to be very reasonable in price! They were prepared for every need I could think of including discounts and arrangements for a tour handled by Hostess. My room and the bathroom was always clean and the bed was great after my time exploring. I liked being close enough to the town sites you could walk to them. The Breakfast was made to order and way better than many locations I have been to. A real nice cozy and welcome feeling place to stay! Worth the money!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked very well appointed and the whole place was very quiet at night. Requires clim...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

It's the place and the person (Bree) that make the Ballaine House so special. Great location, very comfortable accommodation. Bree went out of her way to make us feel at home. Her custom breakfast was made to meet requests. Warmer jackets and gloves were supplied for the boat trip to Fox Island. Every detail made our stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was blessed that my trip through Alaska started in such a heartwarming and cosy place like the Ballaine house. I stayed two night with Bree, the managing host right now, and my experience couldn't be any better. The house is clean and furnished with lots of love. Felt definitely like home away from home. She can help with any task, and planning how to explore the area, a truely kind person. The breakfast was delicious and every guest can wish what he/ she wants to get - available any time, no matter how early you have to leave for a kayak trip. I recommended the Ballaine house a couple of times on my still ongoing trip - and so do I here.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days when visiting seward and it was lovely. Bri (one of the hosts) was extremely welcoming and knowledgable. She suggested some beautiful hikes and great spots to eat out and was always there to help us with whatever we needed. The actual house was very clean, cozy, comfortable and full of books and dvds to enjoy! Great location, great people - I would definitely feel comfortable recommending this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends