“Adequate lodging in Seward”
Review of The Breeze Inn

The Breeze Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Seward
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We spent two nights at the Breeze Inn. It was fine and in fairness was clean and very well located. The rest of our time in Alaska was spent in cabins and lodges in the wilderness so probably a comparison isn't fair. The hotel was quiet and clean and located in the middle of everything. The only thing missing was the charm of other places. It's really a great place to stay. Just could have been anywhere.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly A

Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice rooms, excellent restaurant, convenient location. Would stay here again! Candy the shuttle driver was a shining star! She took my son and I to the store for medicine AND way out to Millers Landing so we could go kayaking! She also arranged for a cab to pick us up. I would stay here again! Super easy for early morning trains and fishing trips. We fell in LOVE with Seward!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank tigerlily_no13
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel is directly across from the small boat harbor. It is a great choice if you are going fishing or on the fjord tour. It was clean but seemed a little "dated". We were in the part of the building which had an exterior entrance door. There is a main building with inside hallways. We had a nice view from both the front and back of our room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LauriePoll
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for one night before our cruise departed from Seward. It wasn't bad for $160 (in Alaska). Upon arrival, the desk clerk asked if I had called to change our reservation that morning. I said that I hadn't. She said it was showing that we had called to change our room with two beds to one king, and that she noticed our children so she couldn't understand why we had done that. I again said that we hadn't. On our reservation card, I saw that our rate had been changed from $159 to $249. I mentioned that the rate wasn't the one I had booked. She agreed to change it back to $159 and a room with two double beds without any argument. But I wondered why they had done that. I wondered if they were going to try to make me pay more when I arrived by telling me it was the only room they had left. I was definitely suspicious. Anyway, all's well that ends well. I asked for a "new" room based on tripadvisor reviews. She said they didn't have any "new rooms" but that the room she would give us was "medium age" and not one of the "old" rooms. She said it was definitely an upgrade from what we booked online. So we had a room with two double beds in the "annex" of the hotel. It was fine, just a basic room with two beds, a clean bathroom, a mini fridge, and a view of . . . the main hotel and parking lot. They gave us a coupon for a free gift in the gift shop . . . that was a coffee mug. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but based on our dinner that night, maybe we should have tried it out! (That's a different review!) They had a computer we could use on the second floor above the front desk, and lots of "stuffed" animals for our children to look at. It wasn't the Four Seasons, but it was fine and suited its purpose for our family.

Room Tip: Didn't get a "new" room, but a "medium" wasn't bad
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ELLASECRET
Reviewed 28 July 2012

At first sight, the Breeze Inn looks like a nice enough place, and the important things were all there, namely, a very comfortable bed. During my stay, I noticed that one of the main staircases was closed for repairs, which might've been a safety issue. The next morning I noticed that my ice bucket was cracked and leaked all over; worst of all (at least for me), my coffee maker wasn't working. Also, couldn't adjust the sound on the TV; all I got was a picture and no sound,(but I wasn't in Seward to watch TV).

Staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. Laundry facilities were readily available and reasonably priced. Shuttle service was a plus. All in all, not bad; I would consider staying there again. Seward is a wonderful little town; lots of restaurant options.

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms are farther from the elevators and have outside access.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank coolmoan
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed one night in Seward after our fjiord tour. The hotel is literally right across the street from the marina from which our tour departed. The hotel is quite large and has restaurant, gift shops and more . The restaurant was so crowded we opted to go down the street. Hotel room was clean, decent bed , good water pressure w/plenty of hot water. Good wifi, and the TV worked well. Not the Ritz, but OK .Rooms have outside doors and it can get pretty breezy. Bring warm clothes. Even in Summer! We were there in July and it was in the 40's.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kwhalen01
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We got in the "new" section, which was great, because they started renovations/repairs to the old part about 8 every morning. This is a clean, yet simple guest room. Inexpensive bedding, but comfortable beds. The location was excellent to access the Small Boat Harbor, where we had a morning fishing charter.

Had free wireless and a small fridge in the room.

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Inn provides free shuttle to nearby attractions.

Room Tip: As others have said, try to get in the "new" section.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple