“Fine hotel”
Review of The Breeze Inn

The Breeze Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Seward
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great location next to harbor and everything else. Clean rooms and shower rooms are a little hot and dark but have good beds. The annex building is great. This was a very good stay but I wish the room was less hot. That is my only issue with this hotel

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Don't understand the poor reviews for this hotel. This was our last and longest stay (4 days) on our 18 day trip to Alaska and we were very happy with our choice. We had a deluxe room with harbor view in the annex building. Although our window was right above the main drag of Seward, street noise was minimal even with our window open the whole time. We arrived by train around 11:00 A.M and the shuttle was waiting at the station. Their literature clearly states that check-in is 3:00 P.M. so it wasn't a surprise they weren't ready for us. We stored our luggage and hopped on the free Seward bus and went to the Alaska Sealife Center. The room was clean and spacious with that marvelous view of the harbor. The location is the biggest plus. The docks to the tour boats and charter fishing fleet are right across the the street as are manygood eating establishments close by. Maybe we were lucky, maybe Michelle works at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: harbor view in the newer annex building was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry I
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Breeze in did have some staff who ignored customers, but I lucked out with Shannon L. She did all she could to make sure I could get into my room as soon as possible. I loved the in room jaccuzi to work out the sore muscles after fishing each day. There was a AC in the room as well as a small refrigerator. This trip was a "roughing it trip" in Alaska not a 5 star resort in San Fransico or New York. Since I was there early in the morning and check in was at 3, Shannon stored my bags, showed me a quiet comfortable location I could kick back and showed me where I could check my computer messages, She keep me updated and talked with the maid service to have them clean my room as soon as it was vacated. Shannon went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. Provided me with recommendations, directions, etc. I rate her a 5 star plus employee in a 3 star establishment. I would return there again.

Room Tip: My room had a large jacussi tub, walk in shower, and small room AC. Was in the annex and was centra...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Erma A
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Bottom Line Up Front: DO NOT STAY HERE!!! As a military family traveling around the country we have stayed in hotels ranging from awesome to well below standard, but the BREEZE INN was by far THE WORST HOTEL we have encountered! It started with them giving away our room that we had booked weeks in advance. Then we were placed in a smoking room that smelled terrible and had two uncomfortable beds. We were told that we would be given one night free based on their mistake and having to give us a smoking room. When we went to check out they charged us full price. It took well over half an hour to remedy that situation. It took four days for the money to show back up into our account. Then four weeks after our trip THEY CHARGED US FULL PRICE AGAIN, draining our account of $350. Then when we called to try to fix this problem we were told that we can't talk to someone for 5 more days because that is when a manager will be present again. OUT $350 until then. These people are incompetent and thieves. Stay away from this place. WORST HOTEL EVER.

Room Tip: stay at a holiday inn or any other place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Seward is beautiful. The Breeze Inn is definitely not, especially the older rooms with no view, pervasive yucky smell, dirty carpeting, limited amenities, etc. But what's most unappealing is the indifference and lack of customer service at the front desk. Most positive feature is its Location.

Room Tip: Maybe stay in the renovated, air-conditioned units or not....Don't know if new(er) rooms are any...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shellmark82
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel was better than I expected.
It was clean and comfortable.
It has a main building and an annex behind it.
We were in the annex.
Our room was roadside, so if you keep the window open, it can be noisy.
But, we did not mind.
There is laundry facility, which was nice for us.
We did not eat at restaurant, just had drink at bar.
The service was helpful, nice, and quick.

Room Tip: Roadside rooms in annex can be noisy at times.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank World T
shelly s, Director of Sales at The Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you, Amanda, for your feedback. It is always nice to hear when someone enjoyed their visit to Seward and had a good experience with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

While all hotels in Alaska are expensive in the summer, I still would not recommend this hotel. Most of the rooms are on the small older side with motel style outside doors. I'm never a fan of this style of room since if you keep the window open (there is no AC) it is very noisy every time anyone walks by. There is no breakfast included. The WiFi is questionable at best. The beds are small and the rooms dated. There are much better options in Seward for the same money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank foodnwine2522
shelly s, Director of Sales at The Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback, as we strive to make everyone that stays here, happy with their stay. We do still have our older, original section of the motel in operation along with our new updated section as well. I would recommend the newer section to those who do not like the old motel style and are looking for the inside entry. There are people who like the old style as they like to haul their coolers and fishing gear and sometimes, pets, in and out of the rooms. We do not serve a continental breakfast as we have a full service restaurant open at 6am to accommodate all of our customers. Thanks again:)