“Perfect location”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Seward
Bellefonte
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Breeze Inn was a perfect place for our stay in Seward. It was very close to the train station. We took the bus back to Anchorage and the bus stop was right across the street. The hotel is right at the harbor so we could walk to the boat tours. Pick up for other tours and the city shuttle was right at the harbor, too. Lots of restaurants and shops only steps away. Very convenient!!

We got a room in the older part without air conditioning, but A/C wasn't necessary, even for a hot July stay. The room was a standard motel room but large, clean, and comfortable. The people were very friendly and helpful. We were on the third floor and had an unobstructed view of the beautiful mountains and the harbor, which was breathtaking! Since this was near the end of our Alaskan trip, I appreciated that the hotel had a guest laundry room so we could wash our clothes before heading home. The cost for the washers and dryers were unbelievably low.

The Breeze Inn is a great place for families traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor for a great view of the harbor and mountains.
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 50Pat2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We reserved a room for three adults with a harbor view 3 days in advance. When we checked in the lady at the front desk laughed and said "oh I just straightened out your reservation". They then proceeded to tell us our room number which was in the main building ( not a harbor view room). When I complained they said there were no view rooms available and that this was an upgraded room. I was tired and didnt want to argue so we got our belongings and went to the room. The room was a little larger but only had one bed. The front desk acted like we we insane for not wanted this room. They said they did not have any other rooms available with two beds. They seemed totally incapable of realizing that booking a room in advance meant actually having that room waiting for you when you got there. They seemed to not care at all just gave us blank stares when we insisted they find us a room . There were no apologies . When we asked to speak to the manager somehow they decided to look for a room. After much searching low and behold a room with two beds was found.
The room was clean , beds we not comfortable and coffee maker did not work. When I went to check out I asked what amount was charged to my bill. They charged me for the harbor view room ( what a surprise).Again no apologies or explanations.
We love Seward and visit there every year. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Missyr87

Travellers are raving about these Seward hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great location next to harbor and everything else. Clean rooms and shower rooms are a little hot and dark but have good beds. The annex building is great. This was a very good stay but I wish the room was less hot. That is my only issue with this hotel

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Don't understand the poor reviews for this hotel. This was our last and longest stay (4 days) on our 18 day trip to Alaska and we were very happy with our choice. We had a deluxe room with harbor view in the annex building. Although our window was right above the main drag of Seward, street noise was minimal even with our window open the whole time. We arrived by train around 11:00 A.M and the shuttle was waiting at the station. Their literature clearly states that check-in is 3:00 P.M. so it wasn't a surprise they weren't ready for us. We stored our luggage and hopped on the free Seward bus and went to the Alaska Sealife Center. The room was clean and spacious with that marvelous view of the harbor. The location is the biggest plus. The docks to the tour boats and charter fishing fleet are right across the the street as are manygood eating establishments close by. Maybe we were lucky, maybe Michelle works at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: harbor view in the newer annex building was great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henry I
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Breeze in did have some staff who ignored customers, but I lucked out with Shannon L. She did all she could to make sure I could get into my room as soon as possible. I loved the in room jaccuzi to work out the sore muscles after fishing each day. There was a AC in the room as well as a small refrigerator. This trip was a "roughing it trip" in Alaska not a 5 star resort in San Fransico or New York. Since I was there early in the morning and check in was at 3, Shannon stored my bags, showed me a quiet comfortable location I could kick back and showed me where I could check my computer messages, She keep me updated and talked with the maid service to have them clean my room as soon as it was vacated. Shannon went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. Provided me with recommendations, directions, etc. I rate her a 5 star plus employee in a 3 star establishment. I would return there again.

Room Tip: My room had a large jacussi tub, walk in shower, and small room AC. Was in the annex and was centra...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Erma A
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Bottom Line Up Front: DO NOT STAY HERE!!! As a military family traveling around the country we have stayed in hotels ranging from awesome to well below standard, but the BREEZE INN was by far THE WORST HOTEL we have encountered! It started with them giving away our room that we had booked weeks in advance. Then we were placed in a smoking room that smelled terrible and had two uncomfortable beds. We were told that we would be given one night free based on their mistake and having to give us a smoking room. When we went to check out they charged us full price. It took well over half an hour to remedy that situation. It took four days for the money to show back up into our account. Then four weeks after our trip THEY CHARGED US FULL PRICE AGAIN, draining our account of $350. Then when we called to try to fix this problem we were told that we can't talk to someone for 5 more days because that is when a manager will be present again. OUT $350 until then. These people are incompetent and thieves. Stay away from this place. WORST HOTEL EVER.

Room Tip: stay at a holiday inn or any other place.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Michelle O
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Seward is beautiful. The Breeze Inn is definitely not, especially the older rooms with no view, pervasive yucky smell, dirty carpeting, limited amenities, etc. But what's most unappealing is the indifference and lack of customer service at the front desk. Most positive feature is its Location.

Room Tip: Maybe stay in the renovated, air-conditioned units or not....Don't know if new(er) rooms are any...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple