The Breeze Inn
US$278
US$242
US$300
US$281
Sea Treasures Inn(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$189
Bear Lake Lodgings B&B(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$98
Orca Island Cabins(Seward)
US$721
Orbitz.com
All reviewsannex buildingfree shuttleday cruisebit datedan overnight stayin towntour boatsnice roomlobby areaking bedhotel shuttlelocation is greatstayed here for one nightthird floorkenai fjordstwo nightssealife center
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I had a cruise leaving from Seward and wanted to stay two nights pre cruise so that we could enjoy a Kenai Fjords cruise and also Seward itself before boarding the ship. We knew ahead of time that judging from other reviews and information on line that The Breeze Inn wouldn't be 5 star accommodations but did have a great location and good value for the money considering this is Alaska. That is exactly what we found.

The rooms were nice, clean but really more average. We were upgraded to the newer building because of a mix up with our reservation. I'm not sure if we would have been as happy with our stay if we had stayed in our original room because that room was very basic, much older, and had outside doorways directly over the parking lot. I booked the room online but I think calling the hotel in advance might be a good idea to verify where you might be placed if you have particular needs or wants. After making the reservation online, I figured out that they are using booking.com for their reservations but they must be checking reservation/email activity frequently because the little bit of email communication I had directly with them was handled quickly. Since I had email verification with me regarding bed type, the front desk rep spent a tremendous amount of time trying to find us an available room, thus the upgrade to the newer building. We didn't get the king bed we asked for but got a queen/double instead of two doubles which was fine. Also, there is a guest laundry room with two washers/dryers each. I believe it was $2 per wash or dry. Because of the length of our trip, it was great to wash some clothes and pack less.

The location was excellent for our needs. We had a one way car rental from Anchorage to Seward with Hertz. We kept the car for one night and there was plenty of free parking at the motel. The car came in handy the first night so that we could drive to a restaurant in the main part of town, go to Safeway, etc. After turning the car in at Hertz the next morning, it was a quick and easy walk back to The Breeze Inn to prepare for our Kenai Fjords cruise and then later walk to the Major Marine location. There are several restaurants in easy walking distance for dinner with the Harbor bakery a good choice for breakfast and a Subway that was a good lunch choice for cruise day(on board picnic) almost next door. The Breeze Inn does have a restaurant but we didn't try it. Also want to mention the free shuttle to the cruise pier. We asked at the front desk and had our name and time put down. The driver came early but we were able to board the ship early anyway so that was a bonus.

Regarding my rating, I would probably give The Breeze Inn a 3.5 if I could but because of the great location and the helpful staff, I rounded up.I don't know how much the rooms go for later in the summer but for our May trip, we got good value for our money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
shelly s, Director of Sales at The Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Arrived in Seward after our cruise. We arrived very early, and our room wasn't ready yet. The staff stored our luggage so we could go on a scheduled tour. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Easy access to the cruise ships, train station and many guided tours. Staff shuttled us anywhere in town that we wanted to go, and allowed us to store our luggage till our train departure later in the day. I highly recommend The Breeze inn. If you are looking for fancy, keep looking, but if you are looking for clean, comfy, and great hospitality this is your choice. Free wi-fi and a computer in the upstairs lobby. As a matter of fact I am typing this from that computer, while awaiting time for us to catch the shuttle to the train station.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
shelly s, Director of Sales at The Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy that we were able to take part in making your vacation enjoyable It is always appreciated when a satisfied customer takes the time to let us know we are doing things right.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you have never been to Seward, make sure this is a stop on your Alaskan vacation. It's only a few hours drive from Anchorage and is just the perfect coastal town. The natural beauty is unreal.
We found the Breeze Inn searching the internet for a place to stay for the night while on an Alaskan road trip and actually booked it the same day. The king room we stayed in was a good size and had a nice TV in the room which was perfect since we wanted to watch the Wimbledon finals during the trip.
Seward is not a big place so the location was great for walking around and there were several restaurants and bars in the area for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a great night ordering a pizza and then taking it to the bar next door so we could have a few pitchers of beer with the pie.
The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean so you really can't ask for more than that when you are on a road trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sending your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

First, the Breeze Inn is in a great location in Seward. Close to the small boat harbor, near restaurants good, big, small, and casual. A great bakery (Bakery at the Harbor) is nearby as well as a Subway for those who want lunches to go. All of the water tour offices and lots of gift shops are nearby. The beds and bathroom are perfectly comfortable and everything seemed very clean. However, the Breeze Inn itself has wedged its rooms into an alley behind some shops so that most of the rooms look out at the back of another drab building. Not so great. And, being that most of the rooms are motel style, you hear every car and person in the parking lot and moving up and down the hall and stairs. This is a bigger problem than you might think unless you know Alaska. In the summer, people are on the move 24 hours a day. Unloading cars, repacking gear, trundling up and down stairwells, talking. I think the people above us were moving safes all night. I don’t know how one gets the few interior rooms here, or how to request the top floor outside, but those are clearly the best. Otherwise, and perhaps even still, earplugs are needed. The sunlight is already trying to keep you awake, don’t let all the people do so as well. I am not sure if I would stay again, depends on whom I am with and if I could get a top floor room away from a stairwell. I did love being able to walk everywhere and having the shuttle take us places that were farther or required moving luggage.

Room Tip: top floor--away from stairwells!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. It is always appreciated. We do have rooms, in that particular building, that face the harbor and they have a great view. The sunrises are spectacular. (and they do come very early.)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Breeze Inn over the holiday weekend. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff. I told them that I had reservations for two days, with each day being a separate reservation. At first the desk clerk thought I might have to switch rooms, but she worked it so I had the same room for two days. Not knowing what to expect, the room was immaculate with a great view towards the mountains. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, with cable and a refrigerator. The hotel room was quiet, despite overlooking the main road into town. The staff was especially friendly, with a greeting every time I walked through the lobby. I will be staying at the Breeze Inn whenever I get away to Seward for a long weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AKwaterrat
shelly s, Director of Sales at The Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations and, we look forward to your next visit.
Have a great Summer, from all of us at The Breeze Inn!!