All reviewsresurrection roadhouseexit glacierseveral buildingstwo story buildingsespresso barseparate buildingshourly shuttleshuttle serviceonsite restaurantin townland tourholland americawooded areaonly stayed one nightrooms are comfortablemain buildingcruise ship
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This lodge is on a wooded property north of town. They have an hourly van service to the small boat harbor and to the Sea Life Center, which is across the street from the south end of 4th Avenue, which is where the traditional downtown shops and eating places are located. The van also meet the train. The room my wife and I stayed in had two queen beds and a balcony. It was nice and reasonably spacious. The rooms are located in a number of two story buildings (without elevators) scattered about the woods with paved paths connecting them. Some rain frequently occurs at this location. There is a central building with a lobby and snack bar. The restaurant is located on the outskirts of the complex.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies or decks, some do not. Choose the story you prefer.
1  Thank wanttogotoall50
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were here 1 night as part of a cruise tour package. I can't say anything about value because I'm not sure what the breakdown of the cost was - but the staff was very nice. The grounds are beautiful and room was comfortable. For a couple it was a nice size bathroom. No a/c but we made it ok with the window open. Actually got cold the following morning. We enjoyed our stay. Nothing fancy but a nice town to stay in.

1  Thank amandasprice
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for three days in May 2014 - my second visit. I stayed last year in August 2013 for the first time. I love the location of the lodge - remote and scenic surroundings. The staff are all excellent in the lodge and the restaurant - food is very good - what I had both visits - but a bit pricey as is most of Alaska. Exit Glacier and the Alaska Sea Life Center in Seward are two highlights of my trip - that is why I went back to Seward and to Seward Windsong Lodge. The rooms are basic - nothing fancy but very clean. The beds are okay - could be more comfortable - not the greatest quality. The pillows are horrible - hard foam bricks - I commented about this last year on a room feedback card - obviously not looked at. I have mixed feelings on this lodge. For the price I do not feel I get good value for sleep quality or amenities but the location and service are A+ with the free shuttle to town, the train station and the Sea Life Center etc. which is a must see, so I am willing to put up with a few negatives. Exit Glacier is a must see and the Lodge offers a tour/hike here which is well worth the price - loved it both times I did it. If I was going to Seward again I probably would stay here again, but I hope management will read some of the reviews and make some small improvements to the bedding and pillows which could really benefit them. If you look for a deal on the rooms you will be happy - just know what to expect and don't pay full price in prime season.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and away from the front of the lodge - large tour buses come in and it will be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our party of 5 (my mom, dad, aunt, boyfriend, and I) stayed 4 nights in one of their "suites" and it was very nice, clean, and had amenities (2nd sink, fridge, microwave, 2nd TV), but I wouldn't call a half wall separating 2 queen beds and 1 trundle bed a suite. The beds were comfy, my boyfriend and I had the trundle, no complaints there. Beautiful view outside our building but no patio/balcony to sit at but plenty of room to pull a chair out of your room and enjoy. Nice grounds with gazebo to use, very nice & helpful staff. Didn't eat at the restaurant but did enjoy a few cocktails at their nice bar. Close to downtown Seward and offer a shuttle service until 10:30 and plenty of taxi services ($10) to utilize. Lodge shuttle also offers rides and tours to and from local attractions like Exit Glacier. Would recommend to others and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Wildflower Lodge had amazing mountain view outside door
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently stayed at the Windsong on the last leg of tour though interior Alaska and we enjoyed our stay here. The staff and accomodations are up to CIRI standards, the Native American corporation which operates the Windsong as well as the fabulous Talkeetna Alaska Lodge. Rooms were nicely sized with all of the usual amenities. Our room was in one of the buildings adjacent to the main building and had views of the stream and mountains across the road. Taking a morning coffee on the veranda looking out at the mist burning off the valley was spectacular. Other rooms in additional buildings on the property may not offer views as nice so it behoves one to choose rooms carefully. The restaurant on premises offers good food and drink with a friendly staff and resonable prices. The hotel offers a free shuttle to downtown on the hour all day and evening long so you're always mobile. Complementary service to the train station is also offered along with luggage transfers. We would be sure to book here again the next time we were in the Seward area.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in one of the building facing the road. The views of the surrounding landscape are going to be the best from the porch of these units than one of the ones deeper into the property.