All reviewsresurrection roadhouseexit glacierseveral buildingstwo story buildingsespresso barseparate buildingshourly shuttleonsite restaurantshuttle servicein townland tourholland americawooded areaonly stayed one nightrooms are comfortablemain buildingcruise ship
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Seward Windsong Lodge is located in a lovely setting - although the rooms do not overlook the water as the website picture suggests. The location is also excellent, about 8 miles from the Exit Glacier. The rooms are comfortable and include a balcony, it would have been nice to have an arm chair to sit in. The staff was very helpful when we had difficulty accessing the internet. The restaurant was convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank westchestermom2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The people here were fine, not much help with bags as our room was 100 yards away on the second floor. Not recommended for those with special needs. The room was hot even though it was barely 70 that day. I am not bashing this place as I realize we are next to no where but they dont give the rooms away either so lets be fair. Out of town but has a shuttle.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room near the check-in
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This lodge is on a wooded property north of town. They have an hourly van service to the small boat harbor and to the Sea Life Center, which is across the street from the south end of 4th Avenue, which is where the traditional downtown shops and eating places are located. The van also meet the train. The room my wife and I stayed in had two queen beds and a balcony. It was nice and reasonably spacious. The rooms are located in a number of two story buildings (without elevators) scattered about the woods with paved paths connecting them. Some rain frequently occurs at this location. There is a central building with a lobby and snack bar. The restaurant is located on the outskirts of the complex.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies or decks, some do not. Choose the story you prefer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanttogotoall50
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were here 1 night as part of a cruise tour package. I can't say anything about value because I'm not sure what the breakdown of the cost was - but the staff was very nice. The grounds are beautiful and room was comfortable. For a couple it was a nice size bathroom. No a/c but we made it ok with the window open. Actually got cold the following morning. We enjoyed our stay. Nothing fancy but a nice town to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amandasprice
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for three days in May 2014 - my second visit. I stayed last year in August 2013 for the first time. I love the location of the lodge - remote and scenic surroundings. The staff are all excellent in the lodge and the restaurant - food is very good - what I had both visits - but a bit pricey as is most of Alaska. Exit Glacier and the Alaska Sea Life Center in Seward are two highlights of my trip - that is why I went back to Seward and to Seward Windsong Lodge. The rooms are basic - nothing fancy but very clean. The beds are okay - could be more comfortable - not the greatest quality. The pillows are horrible - hard foam bricks - I commented about this last year on a room feedback card - obviously not looked at. I have mixed feelings on this lodge. For the price I do not feel I get good value for sleep quality or amenities but the location and service are A+ with the free shuttle to town, the train station and the Sea Life Center etc. which is a must see, so I am willing to put up with a few negatives. Exit Glacier is a must see and the Lodge offers a tour/hike here which is well worth the price - loved it both times I did it. If I was going to Seward again I probably would stay here again, but I hope management will read some of the reviews and make some small improvements to the bedding and pillows which could really benefit them. If you look for a deal on the rooms you will be happy - just know what to expect and don't pay full price in prime season.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and away from the front of the lodge - large tour buses come in and it will be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo