I agree with other reviewers that the location is very nice. There are six or so different buildings separated from the lobby. Each building has a name - ours was Salmonberry. It was located far in the back with woods in the rear. We loved that. There are no elevators. We paid extra for a "deck." This is a wooden porch with 2 chairs outside the sliding glass doors-like a balcony. Take note that there is no air conditioning and no fan. We were very hot! Also, although the Windsong advertises free Wifi, it is really only available in the lobby. The sink is located in the room right beside the beds ...NOT in the bathroom. Most unusual. If you get up in the night to use the bathroom & then wash your hands, it is likely you will disturb those still sleeping. Finally, you may or may not be happy to know smoking is allowed on the front porch area of each building. Since the bathrooms face those porches, the smoke smell came right in. Alaska smoking regulations are very different from the lower 48.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seward Windsong Lodge by Pursuit offers a peaceful escape in a glacial river valley surrounded by towering mountains. An ideal place for your next meeting, wedding or special event. Serving fresh seafood, tasty burgers, gourmet pizzas and a variety of ales on tap. Free shuttle service to the Seward Small Boat Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Seward Windsong Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seward Windsong Hotel Seward
- Seward Windsong Lodge Alaska