“Gluten free baked goods delight!”
Review of The Sea Bean

The Sea Bean
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Seward
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Description: Coffee, Wireless, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Coffee, Wireless, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped in for coffee and a treat. There were fresh baked gluten free bars made from brown rice, sunflower seeds, honey, almonds...it was wonderful!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This coffee shop and breakfast place is hip but not quite hipster. Its music is a mix of retro, remixes, and modern. People use laptops on Sea Bean's wifi. The coffee is roasted locally and very good. The sandwiches and pastries are either already gluten-free or can be made that way. I enjoyed the breakfast panini on gluten-free bread. My dad loved the breakfast wrap with salsa and ham. This place is a wonderful alternative to hotel sit-down restaurants.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in yesterday for a smoothie and latte. The cafe, with a spacious, open "community" feel, had attracted a reasonable amount of customers with only two employees present to serve people. We received very poor customer service, the girl behind the counter didn't acknowledge us waiting while she served others until it was our turn to order. She quickly took our order and when I asked a quick question about the coffee beans, she acted extremely annoyed and gave a curt hurried, response. The coffee tasted a bit on the burnt side, but at least the smoothie was good. With my experience, I don't plan to return.

1  Thank akgrowngirl
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Sea Bean is the hipster coffee house of choice in Seward. In my opinion, it is the Second Best coffee in town, but they have a better food selection than other coffee houses in town. The service is slow, but they are friendly! Plus, they have free wifi!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Sea Bean is the kind of place you gravitate to for a good cup of Italian coffee and a nibble whilst you catch up on your emails and the news. There's an easy, relaxed ambiance in the large, open room. Good place to be when it rains and you have time free.