“Good cafe”

Price range: US$1 - US$14
Description: Coffee, Wireless, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Coffee, Wireless, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had the vegetarian panini and an iced tea. Total price was near $14 for these two items. It seemed really pricey to me, though I didn't check the typical prices at other places in Seward, so perhaps it is about the norm, I don't know. There was a mix of the cruise ship crowd (those that had ventured down from the harbor) and locals. All in all it was a good little lunch stop.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ordered the Black Bean burger, which was excellent and huge. My friend ordered the Salmon and veggie bagel, which was panini-style. She said it was perfect. We're going back to get their Veggie sandwich for our train ride back to Anchorage. Great location in historic downtown Seward, right on Fourth Street.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped in for coffee and a treat. There were fresh baked gluten free bars made from brown rice, sunflower seeds, honey, almonds...it was wonderful!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This coffee shop and breakfast place is hip but not quite hipster. Its music is a mix of retro, remixes, and modern. People use laptops on Sea Bean's wifi. The coffee is roasted locally and very good. The sandwiches and pastries are either already gluten-free or can be made that way. I enjoyed the breakfast panini on gluten-free bread. My dad loved the breakfast wrap with salsa and ham. This place is a wonderful alternative to hotel sit-down restaurants.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in yesterday for a smoothie and latte. The cafe, with a spacious, open "community" feel, had attracted a reasonable amount of customers with only two employees present to serve people. We received very poor customer service, the girl behind the counter didn't acknowledge us waiting while she served others until it was our turn to order. She quickly took our order and when I asked a quick question about the coffee beans, she acted extremely annoyed and gave a curt hurried, response. The coffee tasted a bit on the burnt side, but at least the smoothie was good. With my experience, I don't plan to return.

1  Thank akgrowngirl