My 7-year-old son and I stayed 3 nights in Cloud 9. Lovely cabin. It's small and a bit tight however it was perfect for 2 people. In all fairness I was warned when I booked but I think she thought I had an older son. There's only one bed which I didn't mind sharing with my son. The view is spectacular! They have thought of everything you could possibly need and stocked the cabin with it, even cleaning supplies. This isn't a hotel so don't expect daily maid service, which I prefer because it gives you more privacy. We made friends with the people in the cabin next to us and shared a fire one evening while my son played on the rocks. The porches are nice to sit, chat and drink some wine or just relax alone and admire the view. It's only a 5-10min (2 miles?) drive into Seward and all its shops, restaurants and attractions. Lynda is helpful is recommending and booking several different tours. Once you book a cabin, her emails of information are wonderful resources and she booked 2 of my 4 activities. She recommended a smaller boat company for a wildlife/glacier tour that I hadn't found and they were wonderful! There are other accommodations available in Seward but they looked dumpy compared to Angels Rest. I recommend getting an SUV if you stay here. The road is unpaved and bumpy. A car can do it, but and SUV would provide more confidence. There's an RV campsite next door so if you stay on the beach like we did, you'll see families walking up and down the beach. It's far enuf to not be a privacy issue and it only happens during low tide. The cabin has a small dorm refrigerator which was a pleasant surprise so we were able to keep dinner left overs for snacks/breakfast the next day. Last thing I recommend is an eye mask if you're staying during the summer. All the windows have blinds but aren't blackout curtains so the late sunset and early sunrise may bother your rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open Year Round ~ Smoke-Free Property "Share the Air Inside & Outside!" ~ 3 Waterfront cabins and 4 View Rooms with spectacular views of wildlife and scenery. All units are designed for 2 guests. This is the perfect place for that special get-away, honeymoon, anniversary or vacation. Modern and cozy, equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Known by Alaskan couples as one of the best places to stay, year round. All units feature kitchenettes and outdoor BBQ grills, free hi-speed wi-fi, free on-site parking. Super clean and allergy friendly. One waterfront cabin is fully Handicap & Wheelchair Accessible. One view room is pet-friendly. All three waterfront cabins have 2 burner stove tops in the kitchenettes, fire rings outside for small campfires and private beach access. The Heron Roost building with the 4 view units is across Beach Drive from our cabins. Evening and early morning beach access for the View Units is via public access a short walk down the road. Two of the View Units are "Mini-Suites" with separate sitting rooms and optional an optional twin bed perfect for singles traveling together or couples desiring 2 beds. Our Gathering House building, a meeting room large enough for 16-20; perfect for that small conference, quilt retreats, family or class reunions, group meeting, or similar retreat. Please note the RATES are a range from largest cabin for 1 night in the Summer Season to the smallest room in the Off-Season.Hosts Lynda & Paul have a combined 58 years of living in Alaska between them and care deeply about your Alaskan experience. They will provide you an excellent lodging experience, will help you have a great time in the Seward area, and are great resources of information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, LLC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angels Rest On Resurrection Bay Hotel Seward
- Angels Rest On Resurrection Bay, LLC Seward, Alaska