“Great place to see”

Alaska SeaLife Center
Ranked #4 of 50 things to do in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An education and research-focused aquarium offering underwater views of Alaskan marine animals.
Somerset, Wisconsin
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Great place to see”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've traveled to many places and have seen aquariums before. I was surprised to not only see this aquarium is Seward but after going through it I felt it is right up there with some of the best I've toured. If you have time take a peak but first go to the chamber of commerce to pick up the coupon book for deals on admission.

Visited August 2014

• Hungarian first
Harlingen, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great Family Experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A very nice facility. Better yet sharing it with our grandchildren. The exhibits are informative and very well displayed. A great place to take kids. Well worth the time if in Seward.

Columbus
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Worth the Trip”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It is a fantastic living laboratory of sea life and history. We spent over three hours just enjoying everything. Our recommendation is the highest we can give something. Don't miss it.

Visited June 2014
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Enjoyed my day here”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a good deal with 50% discount for entry due to membership of a sister aquarium which made it good value. I was given the puffin experience and octopus experience as a birthday present. You need to book in advance to do these as there are only a few places available each day. They were both really enjoyable. It was so cool to feed the puffins and other birds in the enclosure. The sea bird enclosure was the best I have ever seen and had a very deep diving pool. The octopus was a bit shy but eventually came over to play with us. How many people get to hold arms with a giant pacific octopus and feed it? These two experiences were very expensive but I was glad that I did them. The rest of the aquarium was good but didn't take very long to go round.

Visited August 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I loved that they were rehabillatating animals. Most of the animals there were sick, orphans, etc. The place looked great! It was also neat to see college students able to work there in the summer as interns. Great place to visit plus very educational.

Visited July 2014

Been to Alaska SeaLife Center? Share your experiences!