“Cute and close to activities.”
Review of A Swan Nest Inn

and 1 more site!
A Swan Nest Inn
Ranked #32 of 44 Seward B&B and Inns
Wisconsin, USA
“Cute and close to activities.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were there in late May 2014. It is a cute set up with Great Hospitality. Sarah made us breakfast daily ( great sourdough pancakes) and was able to book activities and answer our many questions.Our room overlooked town. Great gathering area where we were able to spend time with people from all over the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denison, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family of 4 stayed here Jun 4, for 2 nights. I will start by saying from the time I booked the reservation months ago to the morning I checked out the service was great. Sarah took the time to answer all my questions, and she booked a tour for us. Like previous reviews have noted there are stairs, the walls are a bit thin (they do have free ear plugs) and the rooms small. All that being said I found the property worked for us just fine and the room was comfortable I just put my luggage under the bed to make room, my girls loved the loft and I loved having a great view out my windows, the rooms were clean and the food was wonderful. Sarah cooked us a hot breakfast, I loved the blueberry pancakes. I would have no problem staying here again.

Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Not the best looking of B&Bs but its the great service provided by the people who run it that makes the difference. Sarah was a great host and personally cooked a sumptuous warm breakfast every morning for my family of 3. She is also well connected to all the key attractions in Seward and can offer to make bookings and arrangements. The B&B is well kept and I was given a dbl room with a loft that can sleep 4 pax. Sure, the property is on the second floor with no lift but the location of the property makes up for it. The best value accommodation of my entire Alaska trip.

Room Tip: Room away from the dining area are quieter if you want to sleep through breakfast.
1 Thank VBJ_Go
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Tom is interesting. This B&B is near the South side of town where there are stores, restaurants, and The Sea Life Center. Guests may take a free shuttle about 1 mile or so into town to the grocery, harbor, and other shops. On Resurrection Bay (a short walk from the Inn), guests may often see Sea Otters. As far as the Inn, the rooms are small, but ours had a loft for the kids, which they loved! We also had a nice view of the Bay and the mountains from our room #6. There were two common areas: one with a tv for videos, not regular channels; and one for eating. Breakfast was great, but we were told if we wanted or needed more food like eggs and bacon, we could just ask ; they don't like to waste food, so they only make it by request, and laundry was offered. Later, these charges were added in to the costs, which is fine. To be fair, Tom advertises these charges on his website, but we didn't book through his website, so we didn't know..our mistake. He offers services , but doesn't tell his guests about the extra charges. That was the only disappointing item about this quaint Inn.

1 Thank PDent2n
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The owners were fantastic! They have super clean rooms with great views. They offer free wifi and washer/dryers available for $5 a load. They offer complimentary hot tea (TONS of flavors) along with coffee and water in the kitchen/lounge area. There was always a new log getting put in the fire in that room... So nice. Included breakfast was homemade bread, eggs, ham and pancakes. It was fantastic! They held our luggage before check in time and after we checked out to allow us more sightseeing without lugging it around.

• Stayed May 2014
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is small, also smells bad in the room. We can not access wifi at our room and nobody helps us, I asked the front desk several times and the waitress was rude. I will not stay this place in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I found this place on Booking.com, and it was cheap, so figured why not? When we arrived, we were a bit concerned about the exterior and that half of the building was offices, but after getting inside and meeting Sara, we felt much more at ease. She was very friendly, showing us around the place and recommending shops and restaurants. It was nice to be able to pay a small fee for laundry, and know you could leave the hotel and not have to worry about someone stealing your clothes. Our room is tiny, but quaint, cozy and clean. I love the wooden pegs for hanging up clothes. The view from our window overlooking the bay is stunning. I'll be sleeping in the loft, so I just hope I don't fall down the stairs if I have to get up in the middle of the night!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook Resurrection Bay, I think.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends