“Between 3 and 4 stars, OK food and good service here”

Chinooks Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chinooks is located right on Seward's waterfront. Serving a Fresh menu of Alasaka's best seafood. Also serving Steaks and options for vegetarians and gluten free options. A new Sushi bar has been placed upstairs near our huge picture windows to enjoy. We have 12 Alaskan brewed beers on tap with a full bar of premium hard to find spirits, and one of the best Scotch selections in Alaska. A worldly, yet well rounded wine selection is also available.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Chinook's came highly recommended but didn't quite live up. It edged out 4 stars due to good bartending and good service overall. Food was okay-- the 'famous' mac and cheese with smoked scallops was way gluey. Order the smoked scallops plain, they are delish.

There are newer reviews for Chinooks Waterfront Restaurant

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Local Chef, the restaurant was recommended to us by our local B & B host. Long waits for dinner portions are small and pricey. Sit by the window to get a view of the harbor. Knowledgeable wait staff.

1  Thank KT H
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I heard Chinooks was good, but what a disappointment! 3 of us had black cod, 2 were very good, mine was slightly under-cooked. It came with fingerling potatoes - 1 1/2 potatoes, cut in half, on each plate. I like my veggies slightly under-cooked, but these were pretty raw. My mom had the 1/2 lb King Crab - I eat a lot of crab - this was FAR from 1/2 lb - it was one small to medium leg - it was cold, not hot - and the rice wasn't very warm either. I usually have water only with my meal, It was never refilled - at one point when the waitress came by, I purposely took my mom's water glass and refilled my own water glass - she still didn't seem to notice. I did happen to talk to the manager the following day, and to his credit he offered to "Make it right if we came back." But we were only in town 3 days, and chose to go for a sure thing and returned to our favorite - Ray's (almost next door) - it was, as usual, excellent - and $30.00 less for a similar meal. We spent $120.00 for 2 seniors, 1 adult, and 1 child - not including beverages or tip at Chinooks.

1  Thank Debby154
ak_bluesky, Owner at Chinooks Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Chinooks and to Alaska. We are sorry you were disappointed with your experience with us. We do our absolute best to make sure everyone leaves happy. Its much easier for us to fix a problem if its brought to our attention right away. if you were unhappy in anyway speaking to a manager or owner during your initial visit is best. As for the meal itself. The black cod your ordered is a very delicate fish and is cooked to a medium. if it was under for your liking just ask and we will either cook your piece a little more or make you a complete new dish. as far as Rays goes, they do not have black cod and the fish is not fresh, so nothing to compare there. I can personally assure you that your crab was a full 1/2 pound. it gets portioned out and put on a scale for every order. We hope you will return and once again enjoy beatiful Alaska thank you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chinooks Restaurant was recommended to us by our hostess at the B and B we stayed in. It was a good choice. The food was good and the prices were in line with other restaurants we ate in while in Alaska. The restaurant is located right on the harbor so the scenery is pretty.

1  Thank Vincent Z
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food here is excellent! There must be a culinary school nearby. I had the halibut. My grandson had salmon, while my granddaughter had king crab and my daughter had the sablefish. All great! The deserts were also excellent and the scenery was very relaxing.

1  Thank Sandi B