We selected Murphy's because of it's proximity to the Kenai Fjords tour offices and it was indeed convenient. We arrived around 11 pm after traveling from Florida, so we pretty much hit the sack immediately since our trip into the fjords was first thing in the morning. It's in kind of an industrial-looking part of town and if I were staying more than a night, I would probably have preferred something with a more attractive atmosphere. The room was extremely modest, but clean and had whatever a person would need for an overnight stay. Nice flat screen, greatly appreciated by my husband, but not used except for the weather report the next morning. The little breakfast served in the office was nice and staff kept it stocked. They had no problem with me taking an extra fruit for the boat trip! I do have to say that I thought it was a little overpriced for what it is, but not overly so. You kind of get used to this in Alaska. The staff I interacted with, Zack and Kaylene, were great - very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's Motel is located within a short walk to the Seward boat harbor. Offering great value for our customers. Our rooms all have queen beds, coffee makers, microwaves & refrigerators. Half of our rooms offer a spectacular view of Resurrection Bay, some with balconies. We also offer a Gas Barbeque Grill for our guests and a freezer for your fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Murphy's Alaskan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s Alaskan Hotel Seward
- Murphys Hotel Seward
- Murphy's Alaskan Inn Seward, Alaska