“Great Local hotel”

Murphy's Alaskan Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Seward
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice clean local hotel. We had the second floor ocean view room. Clean quite and a more affordable voice to some of the other options. Close to the harbor and beach. Simple place to stay in Seward- no complaints.

Room Tip: second floor rooms have a better view- there is a fridge and microwave also in these rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ownerandgeneralmgr, Manager at Murphy's Alaskan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Murphy's Alaskan Inn! We greatly appreciate your feedback and business. Please come back and see us!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Looking for a simple place to lay my head and have a view. This place is clean and had a frig and micro wave in my room with a view and a coffee maker. Pre season rate was 99 because they were not doing breakfast yet. Midway between port and older town. Park then water and mountains across the street. Super easy going friendly staff. I agree...hate to tell you because you will go there!!
Oh yes, free wi fi

Room Tip: Get a key and go look
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kassiad
ownerandgeneralmgr, Manager at Murphy's Alaskan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Murphy's Alaskan Inn! We appreciate your business and we really enjoyed having you stay with us!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

we loved coming here cuz we could bring our pet but not anymore. but its a great motel, with a great view of the bay easy walking trails down to the bay.easy waking distant to the small boat harbor and resturants

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank shelly861
ownerandgeneralmgr, Reservations/Front desk at Murphy's Alaskan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how we are doing. Sorry about the new policy on pets.
Warm regards,
Sue

Reviewed 23 October 2013

By writing this review, I know that I'll never be able to stay there again because it will be too popular. But they deserve the excellent review that I am about to give. I had wanted to stay at a different hotel. It was on the water. But, even though I was booking well in advance of the trip, just about everything had already been taken. Truthfully, I made a reservation at Murphy's Alaskan Inn as a last resort. I had no idea that I was getting a premier choice. The room was excellent, close to the 'real' downtown Seward (easy walking distance), across the street from the waterfront park, advice given for excellent restaurants, and hotel service beyond belief. Not like the usual hotel. Personal service like you wouldn't believe. Met the owner, what a great guy. Front desk service was outstanding.

Really liked this place and would go back in a heartbeat, preferentially - as a first choice. Ah well, the secret is out. I'd been on my anniversary vacation and this was definitely one of the highlights. They certainly deserve this review. I just hope that I can still get a reservation for my next anniversary. Like the song - Nobody Does It Better!

Room Tip: Best Choice You Can Make!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank attaingsare
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was not impressed when we drove up to the motel but once in the room it couldn't have been cleaner and our view of the mts. and water was awesome! It was a true Alaskan experience! One I would repeat!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed one night downstairs in the two story unit and it was horrible because we could hear every step, toilet flush, etc. the construction was cheaply and poorly done...no insulation between the floors. We were awake till the upstairs finally retired after midnite. We were moved to the upstairs for the next nite snd it was quieter. I suggest you ask for the upstairs unit or wear earplugs. Very basic and overpriced Walking distance to the wharf and restaurants

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pattie P
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed four nights here. Made reservations six months in advance so had fingers crossed. Was given room right next to office. Queen room with microwave, frig, etc. Room is quite small and cramped but clean and everything worked. Lots of foot traffic by room because of closeness to office. Bed was comforable also upgraded sheets and linens. We could see the harbor out of the window and was close enough to the harbor area to walk.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near office is possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple