I paid for one night to see the room before deciding about staying a second night. The room looked okay so I went back to the office and paid for the next night too. Next morning someone is trying to open the door. I'm in the bathroom so I can't answer the door. Instead, I assume it's housekeeping so I yell that I'm still in the room. I yell repeatedly but they keep trying to open the door but won't respond to my shouts. The phone rings and it's the front desk saying that I've stayed past checkout and need to leave. I respond that I paid for two nights and she asks "when??" with a condescending tone. I say "last night within an hour of when I checked in." She responds "oh". No apology at all. The woman who checked me in was very nice. After that the service was lousy. Won't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's Motel is located within a short walk to the Seward boat harbor. Offering great value for our customers. Our rooms all have queen beds, coffee makers, microwaves & refrigerators. Half of our rooms offer a spectacular view of Resurrection Bay, some with balconies. We also offer a Gas Barbeque Grill for our guests and a freezer for your fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Murphy's Alaskan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s Alaskan Hotel Seward
- Murphys Hotel Seward
- Murphy's Alaskan Inn Seward, Alaska