“Not as good as previous”
Review of Marina Restaurant - CLOSED

Marina Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
New York
“Not as good as previous”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have eaten at the Marina, several times, during my visits over 10 years. This recent trip, had food not of the prior quality I expected. I again, ordered the halibut. It is a very nice option they offered the "lunch" menu at dinner, but the fish was dry and frying oil a "heavy" flavor. My nephew got the Rock fish which he said was "ok". The place was very busy when we arrived, with only 2 servers that I noticed. We were not acknowledged, so I grabbed a menu and seated ourselves. :) No big deal in Alaska. :)

We had a gentleman wait staff, (from Texas?) who provided excellent meal service, answered questions about the food, attentive to the table, filling water glasses numerous times etc.

I hope this was a fluke on the quality, as the prices are reasonable. But not sure if I will return, as sometimes those "reasonable" prices, come at a quality cost.

• Visited July 2014

Anamosa, Iowa
“Not quite ready for prime time”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We tried to have dinner here one night. They confused the orders and we told they were out of all most everything, there was not soup or salad and half the items on the menu were not available.

Visited July 2014
Shingle Springs, California
“Awful Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We walked in and waited for a table. One of the servers asked if we wanted a table. As I replied she walked off to take an order at one of the tables & left us standing there. We saw a vacated table still covered with dirty dishes and sat down. There were 2 servers for about 5 tables and they seemed totally overwhelmed. The one guy kept apologizing to the table next to us saying "I wish I could do more for you" but never made an effort to clear our dirty table or take an order or even acknowledge we were there. After 15 minutes of waiting we decided if the service was any indicator of what was to come we'd better get the heck out of there. We walked across the street to Terry's fish & chips and had a great meal with excellent service.

Woodstock, New York
“Good Food, Friendly Service and the Price was Right”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped in for a bite and was nicely surprised with decent food, very friendly staff and a check that was very reasonable for this area. I had the halibit fish & chips. Definately worth the stop.

• Visited July 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
“Friendly and Homey”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I have visited Alaska twice now, once in 2011 and again in 2013. Both times we have stopped and eaten at this restaurant and it has become one of our favorites. The food is very good and we always split the halibut, rockfish, and shrimp amongst the three of us. It does seem like a hole in the wall place but is good and usually quick serviced.

Visited August 2013