“A sanctuary by the sea.”
Review of Alaska Paddle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Alaska Paddle Inn
Ranked #3 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Upon arriving to Seward you are thrust into quaint little houses of ole' and bustling harbors. But while walking around looking for that quiet seaside lodging, you quickly find that will not be an option in the down town... however just a quick mile or so drive down a beautiful Alaskan dirt road with waterfalls on one side and sea otters in the ocean on the other, you can quickly find yourself at Seward's best kept secret; The Alaska Paddle Inn! Here your accommodations are luxurious, and plentiful. I have stayed in many of Alaska's little B&Bs' and have not found such a comfortable, quiet, well furnished and beautifully hand crafted room. The Alaska Paddle Inn's Low Tide room has an efficiency kitchen, phenomenal bathroom, quaint arched doorways, and gorgeous portrait windows with the long dreamed of ocean/mountain view just out side. The waves can be heard breaking on the shore across the way while drinking your fabulous coffee and eating waffles you can make yourself in your quiet little sanctuary by the sea. There is not a soul to interrupt you, and many quiet hours of rest can be harnessed here. The owners have an excellent knowledge of the area, and they themselves participate in the outdoor life of Alaska. So they are a gold mine of ideas and information for your vacation in Seward.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magpiesbakery

Reviewed 2 September 2010

My husband and I stayed in the High Tide room for two nights in August. What an AMAZING find! Alan and Alison have put their heart and soul into creating a wonderful place to stay, and it is impossible to not feel right at home. We could not get over the incredible craftsmanship throughout the room. Everything was thought of! The view was amazing, and although there is a nice balcony, we greatly enjoyed the veiw out of the huge window in the cozy chairs. Our favorite was going to bed and waking up to the view of the mountains.

Beyond the craftsmanship and view, we greatly enjoyed the location of the inn. I must admit, our first drive out to the inn made me a bit nervous, as it is a narrow, dirt road... Right along the water... No guardrails. HOWEVER, it is 100% worth it! We were only a few minutes away from all of the attractions of Seward, but it felt like we were a lot futher away. It was so peaceful!

Finally, I cannot end this review without telling you about how hospitable Alison and Alan were. They are incredibly friendly people who truly have a passion for Alaska. To me, they are living the dream! As I mentioned, they thought of everything. We enjoyed the fresh baked banana bread left for us. We also enjoyed making waffles in the morning. Finally, Alison & Alan helped us by arranging out Kenai Fjords tour. We saved some $ by going through them, and it was nice to have one less arrangement to make for our trip.

We stayed in Alaska for 9 days, and the Alaska Paddle Inn was our absolute favorite. We cannot wait to visit again next summer! Thank you Alison and Alan!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKwanderer84
Reviewed 30 August 2010

In our 40 years of marriage my husband and I have done a lot of traveling, stayed at a lot of nice places. This has to be in our top three. We loved it!
We had the High Tide room, and the view was gorgeous. And they had the most comfortable chairs in the room from which to view it. The bed was comfortable, the towels were thick. There is a choice of breakfast food in the room, so you can eat when you want. Also, Alan and Alison give you privacy, no one comes in your room, so it is as if you have your very own private retreat.

You can walk down to the shore and walk along the water easily from here. Seward, which is a charming little town, is not too far away.
I think this was my favorite part of our recent Alaska trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This is a true gem for the Seward area. My wife and I fell in love with this amazing
B&B. The woodwork and design of this waterfront cabin provides a cozy visit. The owners
provide breakfast supplies in the well appointed kitchen. We spent 4 nights in the High Tide and hated to leave our 10 foot window,deck , fireplace, and rocking chairs overlooking the bay. Wildlife, views. and a private beach makes this place a great
retreat from our hectic lives. The owners will treat you like friends and provide you
with good info on the local activities and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Located a couple of miles out of Seward in Lowell Point. Views of Resurrection Bay were spectacular and since it is outside of Seward you can leave all of the tourist crap behind. We loved the Alaska Paddle Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This is a fantastic bnb/ guesthouse located a couple miles south of Seward, in sleepy Lowell Point. The owners really love what they do and have put their hearts into this place. The craftmanship is just stunning. The house consists of just 2 rentals, the Low Tide and High Tide rooms. I stayed in the Low Tide which is perfect for families (or snorers) because of its one -bedroom studio that was closed off to the main area.

The High Tide room looks more romantic, as its a proper studio with a bed facing the bay. Both rooms have absolutely stunning views of Resurrection Bay....we could see birds and sea otters from our breakfast bar!

The kitchen area has a small fridge stocked with OJ, milk, coffee creamer and butter pats. There were three types of cereal, all fully stocked and super delicious and healthy. The coffee was phenomenal and there were packets of tea and spiced cider.

The architectural details of the Low Tide room really made me feel at home. For Sewards gray skies, the Low Tide has bright, airy colors that feel Southwestern. The craftsmanship is flowing; the ceiling has delicate arches with wooden beams, similar to a nautical feel (this personally makes me feel I'm Italy because they loved curved ceilings.) Oh yes, and the bathroom is phenominal...I guess you just have to be there to understand. Furniture is higher-end, and they have a great economical water heater (heated water on demand).

I love this place. The scenery, the quaintness of Lowell Point, the amenities and guaranteed hot showers and nice dishes, make this the perfect spot for an Alaskan getway....the only suggestion I would have is they get a grill!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becca_C
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I have lived in Alask for 30 years and have traveled all over the state. I have to say that the f Paddle Inn is one of the best places I've ever visited. You won't be sorry for staying here. It's off the beaten path away from most of the tourist traffic of Seward and not only is it comfortable and clean but you also will have a gorgeous room, a breathtaking view, comfortable bed and gas fireplace. I can't say enough good things so if you're traveling to Seward and even if you're not you may want to reconsider your trip plans just to stay here. We only stayed one night but I will be back for a longer period of time in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends