Spent three nights in the Eagle's nest, which was the perfect size for 2 adults and one (happy) kid in her own loft. Tim was really friendly and provided solid advice on what to do on both rainy and sunny days. We really appreciated getting the makings for s'mores, as well as a few spare paper bowls. Better than buying a big package! The cabin itself was clean and comfortable, and the pretty little creek out back was full of returning salmon. The fridge and microwave were useful, but note that you should not expect kitchen amenities. The DVD player and tv came in handy on the one rainy day, and if Tim's DVD collection at the front desk isn't enough, the local Safeway has plenty of cheap ones for sale. The bathroom area was always clean, and the music added a fun touch. Overall, we recommend the cabins for a fun stay that is a lot more genuine than staying in some off the motels in Seward, which looked rather soulless in comparison.
In Seward, we especially liked the Tonsina Point hike and Mitch Seavey's dogsled experience. There are several good restaurants in town too - and the halibut burrito at the Mexican place near the dock was a find. Also enjoyed both Ray's and Chinook's at the dock. Closer to the cabins, we really liked the Salmon Bake (with the big pickle jug!) and had some great, if very expensive, crepes at the nearby Barn Appetite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alaska Creekside Cabins is conveniently located only 3 miles from downtown Seward, the Small Boat Harbor, the Alaska Railroad depot, and 8 miles from Exit Glacier and Kenai Fjords National Park. Our six clean, comfortable, rustic guest cabins sit on 5 acres of beautifully wooded private property bordered by peaceful Clear Creek, a salmon spawning stream. Each cabin has electric heat, linens, microwave, refrigerator, cable TV with DVD player, coffee maker and outdoor fire pit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Alaska Creekside Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Creekside Cabins Hotel Seward
- Alaska Creekside Cabins Seward