My husband and I just returned from a week in Alaska and stayed a several B&B's. I reserved this property out of convenience to our itinerary, but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived! The photos on the Sourdough Sunrise web page don't begin to describe the beautiful woodwork on the inside and out of this cabin. It's a real treasure. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was a nice common area equipped with supplies and a sun deck to sip a glass of wine from in the evening. Sue and Richard are the "real" deal - homesteaders who can tell you lots of amazing things about life in Alaska. Sue's sourdough pancakes in the morning are super delicious too! Sourdough Sunrise is the only place I'd ever stay in the Seward area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, custom, one-of-a-kind bed and breakfast on 6 1/2 acres of wooded seclusion, just minutes from downtown Seward. Clean modern rooms with private baths and deluxe queen-size beds. World famous sourdough pancake breakfast served every morning along with great stories about 35 years of living in the Great Land. Come join us for some true Alaskan hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sourdough Sunrise Bed And Breakfast
- Sourdough Sunrise Hotel Seward
- Sourdough Sunrise B & B Seward, Alaska