“Loved staying here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allens Alaska Adventures

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Allens Alaska Adventures
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Loved staying here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The Allen's cabin was perfect for us while we were vacationing in Alaska. We wanted somewhere close to Seward, but not in Seward. This was a very serene, clean cabin tucked away behind the Allen's home. Joe was so friendly, giving us lots of recommendations on what to see. We followed the majority of his recommendations and had an amazing trip because of it! His entire family was so friendly and welcoming! The cabin was large, very well maintained and had an awesome bed. We would go back to this place in a heartbeat and can't say enough good things about it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy1958

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ede, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed for a view days at Joe Allen’s cabin.
It was a beautiful and nice time.
The family Allen were very hospitable and friendly.
Joe gave us very useful information about activities and nice sceneries in the area.
A comfortable cabin with all what you need.
For us it was a very beautiful holiday and we saw a lot of wildlife.
Thanks for everything, we will remember this holiday.
Alaska is a very beautiful country.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leo V
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I went to Seward Alaska on my own and picked Joe's cabin to stay in. I felt much safer then I would have if I had stayed in a hotel. It was comfortable, quiet and just what I needed for a restful stay. Looking out the back window you feel you are in deep woods even though you are close to Seward. Brenda and TJ are also an important part of Joe's life and they gave me a warm welcome and if I needed anything they were there to make sure I received it or told me where to get what I needed.

Joe Allen is a terrific person who is very knowledgeable about Alaska and the people who live in the area. The stories he tells allowed me to better know the Alaskan people and how they struggle to live in the past and now. He is a caring man who also takes the time to learn about you. He has lived in Seward for almost 30 years so he is knowledgable about what he talks about.

I felt I learned about the authentic Alaska better than if I had taken a cruise or slept in a hotel. I had a delightful time and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the area.

One day I will be back.

Cindy Watts

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cynthia W
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

If you want a taste of Alaska off the beaten path, then this is it. I stayed at the Allen's cabin for 5 days. The cabin is on Brenda and Joe's property and is spacious, quiet, and warm with all of the comforts of home. Joe is very knowledgeable about the local area and can recommend things to do as well as hook you up with the local adventures. Brenda, Joe, and TJ are very welcoming and they made my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hanna N
Butler, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is a very nice cabin on the owner's property just out of the town of Seward. What is great about this is that you have the cabin to yourself but if you need anything Joe, Brenda and TJ are right there to answer a question about the cabin or just about any other question that you would have about your trip to Alaska. Amenities include: small refrigerator, toaster oven, microwave, coffee pot with coffee, coffee filters, paper plates, garbage bags, napkins, utensils, gas grill off of the porch, mid-grade cable TV package (lots of channels) and Wireless internet access. I think I mentioned everything but needless to say it's well equipped. We stayed at Joe's the last 3 nights of our 10 day trip and after eating airport and restaurant food for 7 days we really enjoyed going to the supermarket and preparing our own home cooked meal.

The cabin is very quiet and peaceful. It's clean and comfortable and the hosts treat you like old friends. We really enjoyed talking to them. The only thing that we missed out on was going out on Joe's 44 foot boat which was out for repairs.

If we ever make it back to Alaska I would want to come back to this cabin.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank StiffyJones
Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

I booked this cabin because of the reviews and the description of the hospitality of Joe. During the two nights we stayed there, we haven't seen Joe even once. His son took care of all the details, but we basically had to figure out everything for ourselves, not that there was much to figure out. The cabin itself is outside the town of Seward, and you, of course, need a car to get there. It is relatively clean and has every basic thing you need (we even spent one morning watching the final of the World Cup on the tiny TV). I am not sure how the prices compare to staying in town, but overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank YigalM
BoatAk, Owner at Allens Alaska Adventures, responded to this review, 18 April 2011
Yigal, I am sorry we did not get a chance to meet. Last year I had a VERY strange schedule. I am glad that there was not much to figure out in relation to your stay. Our goal is that you have a uncomplicated stay and find a place to relax and enjoy the quiet of of the old growth Hemlock's that surround the cabin. Although most of our guests watch very little TV due to your input we have replaced the TV with a much bigger one. I am glad that our son was able to help you out. He takes great pride in being the VP. Please come back and give us a chance to do better. Thanks... BoatAk (Joe)
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

We live in Anchorage Alaska but need to get out of the city sometimes. Joe and TJ are wonderful hosts! The Cabin is clean and beautifully decorated. The cabin also has all the comforts of home with a lot of attention paid to detail. My son and enjoyed our stay and can not wait to return and do some more hiking.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank akjust4fun