“Not bad, clean”
Review of Hotel Seward

Hotel Seward
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Seward
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The decor is not to my liking but it was clean and the staff was friendly. The phones didn't work and the room has no A/C but normally that's not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reefkeep

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stay awhile in Seward and see the sights of this beautiful area. The Hotel Seward is comfortable, interesting, guest accommodating, and has some nice large rooms. Walk around town from here and enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front on second or third floor offer views of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Phone assistance in booking (outstanding). Room assurance (outstanding). Hotel staff (outstanding). Room --2 queen new section view of bay-- large enough for 4 adults and was exactly as on the website, included frig & microwave--(awesomely outstanding). As per other reader comments, the hotel is locally owned and I also viewed the "older" historic european style rooms and would have been comfortable booking if only 2 people. The bed was the most comfortable bed during our 10 day Alaskan adventure. Thanks for the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: the rooms are exactly as on the website. the older section has
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed in 2 rooms (Dlx view King and Queen rooms on upper floor of new wing) and were more than pleased with our accomodations. Hotel was a perfect place to stay in Seward for the 4th of July and to get around. Staff more than pleasant - even called us later that day after checkout to tell us they found a pair of my daughter's earrings! Rooms were plenty spacious, clean, and comfortable!

Room Tip: Buy Northern Lights coupon book
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura62565
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Crackerjack Fishing package gets into the big Halibut, a guest caught one at 90lbs.
The restaurant meals are top class, especially the seafood.
Wes is a great fishing guide, we were catching a lot more salmon than anyone else.

Room Tip: Noise is not an issue, we fronted the street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CanberraAussie101
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at hotel Seward last week for three nights and on the second night was completely offended by a staff member. While the hotel was quaint, I believe that customer service can make or break an experience. Upon check-out I mentioned how I was offended and was told that I would be contacted by the owner/manager. I never heard from anyone. When spending over $700 for a hotel room for 3 nights, I would expect the very least....an apology!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Treveler77
marknmary, Owner at Hotel Seward, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Dear Customer Service can make or break an experience, Please let me introduce myself Mary Kulstad the owner- manager. I truely agree with you and I can only apologize that your concern was missed by me. Unfortunatey,when we get busy some things may get misplace or overlooked. I do not know how to contact you or I would appreciate being able to address the issue and the staff member. There is never any excuse for a staff member to be rude or that I would miss following up on a complaint. All businesses are works in progress and for me it is heartwrenching that a guest was offended or disatisfied. We are a small family owned hotel. It is our goal to offer a warm family atomosphere. I am extremely sorry we fell short of that goal. I again would appreciate it if you could contact me at mkhotelseward@gci.net so I can address this with the staff. I understand that this overshadowed your visit with us and can only hope that you can forgive our error. Sincerely, Mary Kulstad

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The room was large enough for 4 of us, and nicely appointed. Some rooms have a view of the bay, some don't. Staff was great, and the little restaurant attached to the hotel is quite good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family