I think one regret about our wonderful trip to Costa Rica is that we only stayed here for one night. This place is beautiful.
The hotel is rustic and amazingly clean. The staff are friendly and make the whole experience unforgettable. The welcome information was full and worth taking in, even if you have traveled some way to get there. The waiters are very helpful and want you to have a good time while you are there. The rooms are functional without being fussy. No TV which is a plus as it added to the beautiful quiet that fills this hotel and its grounds. After being deep in the rain forest for 5 days it was lovely to have an iron and get a bit dressed up for dinner.
The room and restaurant are amazing but the real gem with the whole experience are the surrounding grounds. We have never stayed in a "cloud forest" before. I would say to anyone reading this that, you must experience the feeling of being in the clouds. The quiet is spectacular and coming from a busy city like London was an experience in itself.
The grounds are extremely well kept, with flowers grow on site and beautifully planted. The self guided walks are well kept and easy for visitors to explore this fascinating climate at your pace. We never felt out of our depth on these walks and every time we did one we saw something different and exciting.
We also really enjoy gardening so seeing were the food is grown in a very organic way was truly special. We also had a walk through the "science lab". It was good to see how much conservation is done by this hotel. We talked to the guide and he talk us through the ways they organically try to reduce non native plants on site and the research get distributed around Costa Rica to help preserve this wonderful country.
I afraid i can't think of any down sides to this hotel so i won't put any. Thanks for a wonderful stay, just wish i could have been longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon