“Little piece of paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ramon
Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 San Ramon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We are traveling one yr on motorcycles and we're happy to find this little paradise overlooking the valley and rolling hills. The quality of the view, accommodations, food and company was beyond our expectations. The place is beautifully finished with African style furnishings and art as the owner Greg is from Africa. When you've had enough relaxing in the hammock, hot tub or patio views, he can get you connected to the local attractions near by - volcanos, cloud forest and beaches. If your lucky you might find yourself here on a night when he makes handmade, wood fired pizza! There is a restaurant a a few minutes walk for dinner/drinks. It's also motorcycle friendly with safe/secure parking, easy access and plenty of room to store gear. Really nice find. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gutzieg
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Hi Galia, It was so nice to meet you and am of course envious of your amazing trip. I too am pleased you stopped in and stayed at the Angel Valley, great having the first bikes here at the motorcycle friendly inn and I really hope to see you on the northbound leg even if it is just for a refreshment and a slice of cake. Following your blog and wanting to catch up and join the adventure. Take care and ride safe. G

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We happened upon this wonderful bed & breakfast - the setting is awesome (we were in the clouds early morning, then got a great view of the valley in the sunshine): the food was very tasty and the rooms very comfortable. We had a relaxing evening in the African Safari decor with the muisc and the stars. Gary was most hospitable and attentive as our host. We would highly recommend for couples travelling out of San Jose or returning to the airport.

1  Thank HRMktg

Hi Guys, I am so pleased that you happened upon Angel Valley, it was a delight hosting you and thanks so much for your kind words. Knowing you own a beautiful lodge it means a great deal coming from experts in the field. I heard from Steve at Finca Luna and he passes mon his regards and hopes to keep in touch with what you are doing up there in Canada. I hope you will stumble upon us again on a future trip and stay a bit longer. Cheers G

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Angel Valley is truly a rustic, rural bed and breakfast far enough from a road to ensure peace, while enjoying the magnificent scenery. Gary is a superb host who regaled us with a host of stories about his adventures leading and arranging Safaris in Africa as well as flying a variety of aircraft in the USA and Africa.
We were there long enough to enjoy a range of well-prepared breakfasts and dinners and a New Year’s Eve party. Gary arranged a two day stay at Finca Luna Nueva, which was well worth while and Donna acted as tour guide to other places of interest.
We really felt quite at home and would recommend Angel Valley to anyone who wants peace and quiet while enjoying day trips to places of interest in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Hi John and Gigi, thanks for the review, I too enjoyed our conversations of your travels and sailing in the Bahamas, we did share so many passions about life, travel and the quest for a better life for all. I mostly enjoyed the sharing of the British humour that we had in common which kept us laughing late into the night. I am pleased that you were able to meet with the many diverse ex pat groups while you were here at the New Years pizza bash. Take care till our paths cross again. Gary

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Angel Valley Farm Bed & Breakfast, hmmm, read the fabulous reviews! What else can be said....gorgeous setting, comfortable rooms, excellent food, extraordinary hosts.... Did anyone mention the view from the hot tub?

Angel Valley is a good base camp, so to speak, for exploring outstanding places. The local market is fascinating too. Wander through, meet local characters and try the fresh produce. We raced around trying to see as much of Costa Rica as we could but sure enjoyed any down time "at home" in Angel Valley, hot tub, hammocks and all.

While you are there, listen for sounds of the Montezuma Oropendola!

Thank you, Gary!

• Stayed: November 2012

Hi Debbie, I too am crossing my fingers and hoping you do return although I was not here when you stayed It appears you were well taken care of and you captured the essence of Angel Valley. Thanks for the lovely review and I look forward to your return. With all the new plantings we are now attracting many more birds and have just completed a comfy hide with plants that are attracting hummingbirds up close and personal....my new favorite sitting area. Take care Gary

Reviewed 24 December 2012

What makes staying at Angle Valley Farm so great? Well coming from this gal - who is not a lover of bed-and-breakfasts – it’s the feeling of being in your own home with room to spread out, kick back, explore and at the same be taken care of. The view is stunning, the house and grounds, including the outdoor eating area, give the eye, the ears and the nose a feast! I could easily have rocked in the hammock my entire visit, but with the volcanoes, beaches and wildlife sanctuaries close at hand, Angel Valley was the perfect base camp. Absolute bliss!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Alison, I am sorry I did not get to meet you when you stayed here however I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at Angel Valley and you were taken care of in true Angel Valley style. I hope you will return again and enjoy the peace and tranquility we strive to capture here in paradise. Cheers Gary

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Gary and Donna both went out of their way to accommodate us for our 3 night stay, Lovely indoors and out. Fabulous food. Peaceful setting. Interesting conversation. Outdoors restaurant, pizza oven and hot tub. Romantic corners !! Food is beautifully presented. Homemade breads cooed in wood fire oven,,. My husband was ill and Gary went the extra mile creating herbal teas and hot toddy's for him as well as giving him Vitamin C drinks !!! A relaxing, pampered experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Art and Laurie, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Angel Valley and am looking forward to having you stay again when you are in need of another escape to the mountains from the beach. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and I enjoyed our conversations. Take care Gary

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The great experience and hospitality at Angel Valley Farm B and B began the first time I spoke to Gary, the warm and personable owner, to make arrangements for our visit. Gary has hospitality in his DNA, and made our stay at Angel Valley a wonderful and memorable experience. The small cozy B and B is charming. Gary is committed to the highest level of service and visitor experience. He recommended some great local activities based on our interests - ones i hadn't read about in my extensive pre trip research... and ones we otherwise would have missed. Gary is also a great raconteur... being a world traveler himself. The setting is spectacular, which in a country as beautiful as Costa Rica.... We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Hi Jane and Mel, It was such a great pleasure having you stay here at Angel Valley and I do hope you will return again and stay longer. I so enjoyed the day trips and was so very pleased that you were taken with Finca Luna as much as I am. Steve is such a wealth of information and was certainly impressed with Mel and her knowledge. I look forward to discovering new places and sharing these gems with people like you. Take good care, Gary

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Vista Valverde Bed & Breakfast
Hostal Los Parques
Hostal Los Parques
#3 of 4 in San Ramon

Been to Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!