“Great Place to Stay At”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Palos heights, United States
“Great Place to Stay At”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is our second stay at this Embassy Suites. It is a very nice hotel. Personnel were all friendly & helpful. Enjoyed a nice dinner at the Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the premises. Enjoyed breakfast at the hotel before checking out. Room was very nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband made the reservation. I asked him what rate he was quoted. He told me and then said, but it's a suite. I told him that they are all suites. I think the agent making the reservation had given him the impression that a suite was something extra. I researched other rates and he thought that what he had been quoted was pretty close to the lowest rate I was finding.(more on that later)
Upon arrival: I guess from the pictures online, I was expecting it to look like other Embassy Suites on the inside. This one is smaller I guess than other ones. It doesn't have the awesome atrium style layout that most Embassy Suites do so I guess I was a little underwhelmed. We ate at the Ruth's Chris steakhouse as we were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary with dinner and a night away. It was really great and kind of made the rest of the hotel seem even more unimpressive.
The room: The room was a good size. It was nicely decorated and had two closets and plenty of storage space for clothing if you are there for a longer stay. Very clean. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so if you take a warm/hot shower it is very steamy and hot in the bathroom for a long time afterward. I had to put on my make up and style my hair using the mirror at the bar area because it was too uncomfortable in the bathroom. The shower itself looked very old compared to the rest of the room. We noticed after returning from dinner that the batteries in the TV remote control were held in by scotch tape.
Checkout: Was fine. I was surprised that to do so we had to go down to the desk and review our statement. Usually the statement is slipped under the door during the night and you can check out just by calling the front desk. Once we had left, I looked at the statement and saw the rate we had been charged. It was $20 more than what my husband had been quoted and what I had found online on the hotel's website (this was before taxes and fees). He didn't want t to make any mention of it so we didn't.
Overall, I was just a little bit disappointed as I had been expecting better.

Room Tip: Bring a can of air-freshener for the bathroom as there is no exhaust fan. ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erinhans79
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel.
The front desk staff could be nicer.. I am a Honors member but ALWAYS must ask for my gift bag, while I see other honers members being given theirs ...no question.
The Breakfast is Not very appealing, the omelette station pulls it off. If it were not for the omelette station the breakfast would be among the worst.
The rooms themselves are nice, very comfortable beds.
The hotel is in a great location.
You'd think a hotel of this pricing could offer free wifi, but no, $10 per day per unit....
Pros & cons

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank IYAAYAS1
Naperville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Accommodations were great. Price per night was based on a wedding package for us out of towners and was cheaper than any price I could find. The only thing I didn't like was no free internet unless you were a Hilton Honors Gold member or you paid the custom room upgrade.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Easy to access I-75. Room was pleasant and clean, pull out sofa was a little hard to use but worked for us, we had 3 adults in the room. Breakfast was very good but crowded on Sunday, we just hit the pre-made food on the line that day. Housekeeping staff was friendly. Evening reception had Miller Lite but it was free(not a fan of Blue Moon, they had that too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Irmo, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a relatively new Embassy, which happens to be near an office I frequently visit. I recently stayed there for the first time, abandoning other hotels in the area. It's convenient to the Interstate, but far enough away to be quiet. There are a number of restaurants, mostly chains, within walking distance. The attached Ruth Chris has room service available in the evening. The omelet I ordered at breakfast was quickly prepared, and there are lots of choices in addition. The evening happy hour is a very nice touch. After the day I had, a glass of wine was just what I needed! The bed had the comfortable mattress I have come to expect from Hilton family properties. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently booked a two day meeting for a small group in their Chastain Room. I was a local, so did not stay at the hotel during the meetings. Arrived early to set up multimedia and found the room already at a good temperature with food and coffee already available. The room was set up with a 42" television. The computers hooks up to the television via a cable under the meeting table, so there are no wires to trip over while moving about the room. Food service was very unintrusive during the meeting (very quiet, no commotion when setting out the food). The room was very pleasant and bright. We only had light snacks, but the food and drink was good. I did not have to pay a per device charge for wifi as it was included in the meeting services contract. I would use their facilities again for a small meeting. Can't comment on larger meetings as I've only had a small meeting there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business