“OH WOW!!! The brisket is fabulous!!”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #11 of 322 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Must go to Big Shanty! The brisket is smoked to perfection! The sausage is hot but great! Love the mac and cheese. Yummy yummy BBQ. Love the pork and ribs too. Best around! Must come to kennesaw and try this place. You won't regret it!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We get BBQ at Big Shanty Smokehouse at least once a month. The BBQ pork is delicious and the ribs are fall-off-the-bone good. They are also a great option for gluten free diners like myself who is highly allergic to wheat and gluten. Don't expect a fancy interior - think picnic tables - but do expect some great BBQ!

1  Thank MissMoorea
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The lady and I noticed this small, shack of a building off the side of a cut through road with a BBQ sign. We live in Atlanta so one would think we get good "southern BBQ" all the time. Wrong! Good BBQ is as hard to find here as my reading glasses when they are on the top of my head... Until now.
We stop to check it out and, well we both kinda looked at each other and said, this is the real deal. Having just ate lunch, we decided to share some ribs. Walk up and order service. Place is decorated with quaint coca cola signs and what nots. Clean with inside and outside seating available.
The food was on point and hit the spot. The ribs fell right off the bone and yet were still moist and exploding with flavors of smoke and mesquite.
Hands down the absolute best BBQ I have ever been to. Can't wait to get back for more.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This is hands down the best traditional barbecue in Cobb County. Probably OTP. Heck, probably in all of Metro Atlanta. Everything is delicious, the folks who work here are nice and helpful, the price is right, the ambiance is everything good Southern barbecue should be. Go eat at Big Shanty now.

Chic D, Owner at Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thanks for the great review!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Pulled pork average to above average.
Ribs above average.
Chicken average.
Beef way above average.
Good choice of sauces on the table.
Standard selection of sides and most are average to above average.
So, BBQ is such a personal taste thing and I get that. Salty, smoker, sweet, savory we all are influenced by something we ate growing up. The best thing I can say about this restaurant is that while nothing really shined as being the best ever-there was not a single item that I'd hesitate to try again. You will not leave here hungry or broke!