“Great Hotel & Friendly Staff!”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Kennesaw
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Really enjoyed my stay, was close to many restaurants and loved that it was close to so many stores and only a short drive to down town Atlanta. Was here on business and have found my new home away from home! Love the fact that the rooms have kitchens so I can eat in and save some money!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My first clue that this was a shady establishment was the amount of cops in the lobby questioning other guests and the staff as well. Should have turned around and left then but I was tired after a long trip and decided to just go to my room. Let me just say.....HORRIBLE, AWFUL, DISGUSTING, FILTHY.....I could go on and on but would run out of adjectives and adverbs to describe it. How the health department and Choice Hotels allow this place to stay open is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. You will be gravely dissapointed if you book here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here for a couple days.This hotel was horrible.Kids running up and down the hallway all night,people sitting in the hallway all night,Guys outside drinking beer partying in the parking lot,Crack heads sleep in there car in the parking lot,The ice machine didn't work period and they don't have any extra towels.What you have in your room,that's what you get period.They don't even have staff to wash there linen.Four staff at the front desk and one housekeeper.The Mexican lady at the front desk was very rude.This place needs to be closed down.I was shocked that this motel was horriable because it's in a great location near a elegant mall.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Kay904
Randall W, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

I would like to start off by saying thank you for staying with us for a couple of days that you where in town. I do apologize on behalf of the whole Suburban Extended Stay staff for the inconveniences that you experienced. As you know we are an extended stay hotel which attracts families with children to stay with us because of the comfort of the kitchen in the room. However we do not allow children to run up and down the hallways. Had we been made aware of this, we would have stopped the activities that kept you from being able to enjoy your stay. For the guest that would like to stay in rooms that are non smoking, they do sometimes come outside to smoke. We hope that you will give us another chance to stay with us again, and we will make sure your stay with us will be a pleasant one.

Thanks for your time
Randall
GM

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Everything about this hotel is sketchy. We arrived around 9pm and there were suspicious guys standing around in the front as if they were staking the place out. The guests seemed as if they lived there. Nothing is wrong with living there, but smoking cigarettes with the door wide opened and walking around in underwear does not give the hotel a good image. The rooms were HORRIBLE and looked like everything was abused and unkept. I literally had to beg for extra towels because I was told that the housekeeper comes in once a week. During our 3 day stay, I didn't see any housekeepers or janitors.

All we really wanted was a comfortable place to sleep and we couldn't even get that. It was pretty much a storage space considering the amount of time we slept there.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel is better. Or sleep in your car
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank j C
Randall W, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

I apologize for the experience that you had at our extended stay hotel. We do have long term guest that are transitioning between homes, as well as people that are working on long term projects here in Atlanta. So there is a presents of living in our hotel. We also have smoking, and non smoking rooms. Our hotel is currently under renovations, and we are excited to bring you an exceptional product very soon. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area, please contact me directly and I will personally insure you have a perfect stay with us.

Thanks for you time
Randall
GM

TCS@COLUMBIAHM.COM

Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I needed a decent but cheap place to crash after attending a Braves game. We planned to get up very early (5am) and drive to Kansas City, so we were only going to be in a hotel for 5 hours or so. I booked a night at the Suburban Lodge of Kennesaw for under $50, and it suited us fine.

The office closes at 11:00pm, so the clerk phoned me with instructions on how to let myself into the building and my room, since no one one would be there to check me in. It was fairly easy to find off the interstate and we arrived around midnight. I was able to get into the hotel by following the instructions previously given to me. The room was small, but had a 2 burner range, mini-fridge, and sink. We got about 4 hours sleep before hitting the road. Since the office wasn't open yet, I really didn't have a "check out". I phoned the office while I was on the road a few hours later and had them charge the credit card that I used to make a reservation. Even though I never actually saw an employee face to face, it wasn't a problem to check in and out.

My only complaint is that I booked a non-smoking room, and there was a sign inside the room which indicated as such. However, the room smelled like a smoking room (not strong, but still very evident), and the comforter even had a few cigarette burns in it.

Overall, a decent place to get 5 hours sleep for under $50, however I wouldn't want to stay here for more then a night.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kctraveler311
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Upon Checking In to the Suburban Lodge in Kennesaw, GA I was greeted by a gentleman named Brandon whoo made rit easy for us to check in and offerd directioins to area attractions, shopping and local restauraunts. Soon after we met Kimberley Jones who gave us a warm greeting daily and ensured that our family had all that we needed to be comfortable. She has really been great. Also, Seth was a great help in providing assistance when we had unexpected car trouble.

The staff at The Suburban has become like extended family to us.I would recommended anyone to stay with Suburban Lodge in Kennesaw. I gave them 5 thumbs up(if I had 5 thumbs). The complimentary vistis to Golds Gym was also a big deal for me. This has been one of the best hotel visits thus far. Thanks to the staff and keep up the great work.

Larry D. Wilson

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Larry7213
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Let me say, the room was very clean. That was as far as it goes with my satisfaction.
Had to take a cold shower because the hot water didn't work. The motel was extremely noisy with outside noise and inside noise from other guest. A lot of the noise was from a poorly constructed building. You could literally hear other guest simply walking down the hallway. High Speed internet was very poor.
If you want a good nights sleep, stay away from this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo