“Nice Hotel for an Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Kennesaw

La Quinta Inn Kennesaw
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Hotel for an Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

When the hotel we had made reservations with had over booked and did not have a room available for us when we arrived, we were concerned about finding a hotel for the night that would accept a small pet......LaQuinta Inn Kennesaw welcomed us with prompt service, a clean room, and a quiet room, although it is very close to the interstate.....Laura at the front desk was very nice.......The only drawback I found was the number of smoking rooms they had on our floor.....I am a non-smoker, and the smoking rooms were all around us, and the hallway was a reminder of that, as well as when you turned on the exhaust fan in your room.......but otherwise, it was a nice hotel with a good price......very satisfied....

Room Tip: I would ask if any of the floors are 100% Non-Smoking, if being adjacent to smoking rooms is an iss...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Powder Springs, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

On Tuesday, January 28th the City of Atlanta and surrounding suburbs found itself in quite a quandary with winter weather that we had not properly prepared. I am a teacher at a middle school and about 2:00pm our principal gave us permission to leave if we needed to get children, etc. It was scary, but I decided to try and get home to my family and my husband was also trying to get to our daughter. I left school and it took me an hour and a half to go about 5 miles. I saw a slight hill with cars struggling to get up so I knew I would probably be in the same boat. I turned around and went another way to only encounter another hill that I tried to get up but could not so turned around again. I decided to try one more way and found myself next to the LaQuinta Inns and Suites located at 2625 George Busbee Parkway in Kennesaw, GA. Due to another hill being at this location I decided it would be best for me to stop here and go inside to get a room or just wait it out in the lobby.
I go inside and asked if they had a room and they did and it appeared to be the only room available and I was relieved. Juanita gave me the rate of $139 because she said “we only have the Jacuzzi room available and it is $139 – this is the regular rate”, at this point I did not care in the least. I proceeded to reserve the room and thank God for the blessing of finding a warm place to wait out this nightmare. Directly after me two men came in and asked for a room and they were turned away so I was like wow… two minutes later and I wouldn’t have a place, except the lobby.
The next morning, I go down to get breakfast and was very hungry as my only meal the night before was crackers which at the time I was deeply thankful. The area was filled with people and their own stories. One lady was getting food for herself and her two grandsons because they had not eaten any dinner the night before either and she was trying to gather food to take to her room so she would have snacks in case they were there another night with no place to go and eat. Juanita saw her and told her she could not do that as she would have no food for the next morning guests. I know this situation caused stress on the workers of this hotel, but these were children and this grandmother was not going to allow her grandchildren to go hungry like they had the night before. So I’m just listening and trying to hold a smile and speak to people and proceed to go outside to look and see how the roads were.
It was still early, so nothing had started to melt at this time and I decided I would wait a few hours. About 10:00, I was told that checkout time was at 11:00 and he (Darren) could extend the checkout to 11:30 or 12:00 but if I was leaving he would need to know immediately. (????)…. No true concern over safety. So I chose to stay because the road directly outside of the hotel at that time still looked icy and I didn’t have a car that would drive up ice. Totally my decision and willing to pay the price of the room for another night although I felt it was ridiculous not to offer some sort of discount with the conditions being what they were. No businesses surrounding the hotel were open at this time. At about 1:00 conditions began looking much better as the roads were more slushy, still no businesses were open surrounding the hotel but you could see the main roads had a little more traffic. Not much traffic directly on George Busbee but the hill looked much better than earlier. I noticed more people driving out of the hotel, so I thought maybe I can make it home now. I went back up to my room but my key didn’t work as it had already been turned off, so I went back downstairs so I could get my belongings. I mentioned I may actually leave as the roads looked much better, Juanita said well you’ve already been charged another night. So, I just said OK and she proceeded to have me sign the receipt for another night right there as she fixed my key. As this was happening, a man walked in the hotel and asked if they had a room available. She said no, and then turned to me and said well… “are you leaving?” I said, wow, my room is the only one available?? Three rooms near my room were being cleaned and were empty at that point. I said well are you willing to credit my room back for tonight? She said, “NO, you’ve already been charged.” I said ok, well then I guess I’m not leaving.
The above encounter CHANGED MY WHOLE PERSPECTIVE of what had been happening the whole time. My room was never the last one available, it was the most expensive one available and I was just desperate enough to pay for it at the time.
As I rode the elevator back up to my room, I just kept replaying the event in my mind, got out of the elevator and there was Darren. I told Darren, I have a problem and he listened to the entire story and then proceeded to let me know how much stress she (Juanita) had been under and how all the rooms in the hotel were completely booked. I proceeded to tell him there were 3 rooms cleaned and empty right here on this floor and you really believe all the people are coming after the snow event we just had??? He then said there was no way to credit my room back once it has been charged. THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!
Why am I telling you all the above and what do I want?? I am appalled at the customer service your hotel gave in a dire situation when so many other companies were opening their doors and demonstrating TRUE HOSPITALITY! Your hotel MISSED A TRUE OPPORTUNITY!!! This letter could be gleaming with praise and honor but unfortunately your staff FAILED (except maybe your housekeeping crew which were working and cleaning rooms.) Didn’t really get to experience them except the knowledge that my room did seem basically clean and they did check with me to see if I needed towels which I did not.
I look today on the website and notice that the rate for my room today is $117.00 and that there appears to be many vacancies….. Where are all those people now that the snow is gone???
Appalled and WILL NEVER EVER EVER Stay in a LaQuinta Hotel as long as I may live. Maybe Taylor Swift will write a song about it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Jill H
Rising Fawn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This outdated hotel shouldn't have the La Quinta name! Old TVs, room covered up with perfume smell (to hide cigarette smoke). Cigarette holes in the couch of a no smoking room. Though staff seems nice this is a disappointment and worse than the Roswell location. The worst La Quinta I've stayed at WAS in Wichita Falls, TX this was even worst than that!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Darren B
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Rarely do I write reviews but decided others should beware of La Quinta Inn in Kennesaw Georgia. During a 3 night stay, I had consistent problems with my air conditioner. I called the front desk where a young lady on the night shift was very caring and contacted her manager. The manager refused to address the problem resulting in 3 very uncomfortable nights with no sleep. When I asked for a credit to find another hotel that would suit my needs I received consistent run around about why they couldn't refund my money, it wasn't there problem. The hotel is pretty run down, the breakfast was marginal at best, without even a few pieces of fresh or canned fruit. Not everyone wants grits for breakfast! Save you money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pplvan
Chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff at the hotel is excellent and it is very well maintained. I compare it favorably to more expensive hotels. I made a mistake when I booked online and the hotel manager noticed it and corrected MY mistake.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

After reading the reviews, I wonder if I'm at the same hotel. Spots on carpet up and down the hallways, my room was hot, after 4 hours with the ac on high it's still hot, the fan runs the same on low, med, and high. The fridge in my room is only cool, no plug ins, lucky I travel with a extension cord so I can charge the phone by my bed and not in the bathroom. The remote for the tv is taped together, makes it feel very dirty. I can't look out my window, it has moisture in the insulated panes. The luggage cart was very wabbly, ice machine and soda machine on 1st floor does not work. Ice machine on 3rd floor is dirty, soda machine out of most selections. Some snacks and water sold at front desk for CASH only and cannot be charged to room. The restaurant they suggested is a dive, smoke smell is awful. I could go on but I wont. I will go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before giving your method payment.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hixson, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Since I am an elite member of LaQuinta Inn's rewards program, I obviously travel a lot. This LaQuinta Inn deserves a Ten in every category. Upon checking in the assistant manager, Juanita, informed me that my room had been upgraded to a suite before I had a chance to request it. The room was very clean, very spacious, and the bed was of professional quality and comfortable. Since my schedule for the next three to four days would be flexible, I requested that my room to be one of the first cleaned in order that I could return to work or rest without interruption. This was done each day of my stay. The work area was large enough to handle my computer, books and files, and the coffee maker made excellent coffee.

Although the location is close to a busy street, no disturbing noise could be heard in my room, nor any from the room on either side or above me. Since I was new to this location, I inquired from Juanita, and the General Manager, Darren Patel, of a good local non-chain restaurant that was close by. I was given several to choose from, and all were excellent choices. I would recommend this LaQuanta Inn to anyone looking for a clean, safe, spacious facility to stay. No matter how small the request, this professional staff is great in seeing that the guest is satisfied with their stay. In terms of the great facility and excellent staff verses the cost, the guest is clearly the winner here. I have already made my reservation for my next visit to Kennesaw. I am NOT a shopper, but for those who are, the Town Center Mall is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business