“A great rediscovery”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 291 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marietta
“A great rediscovery”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We haven't been here in years, but decided to try when looking for a different close to home Saturday dinner. The prime rib was good with creamed spinach...yummy. The side salad is nothing to brag about, though. Friend had fried seafood...enough for an army! The chocolate chocolate cheesecake was fabulous...brownie sundae, nothing special. Service was not great...server seemed distracted, or he just didn't pay attention...starting with up Manhattan brought on the rocks...just look at your check before paying...We will go back because overall it was a nice experience...nice atmosphere, good food, acceptable service.

Visited March 2014
Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I’m glad you enjoyed your food overall, as well as the portion sizes. I am, however, disappointed that some of your menu selections did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide a memorable New Orleans dining experience, driven by exceptional service, and I apologize that this was not attained. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to you dining with us again in the future.

kaufman, texas
“Yummy.....all of it....”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent food, lots of choices for all tastes. Don't forget to try the cheesecake. It is pretty far north of Atlanta proper but worth the drive in my opinion.

Visited March 2014
Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am glad you enjoyed our menu selections and variety! We get good feedback on our Cheesecake Bakery choices and I’m happy you enjoyed your selection. Thank you for your feedback, it is very appreciated. I look forward to you making the drive to dine with us again soon!
“Disappointed B-day celebration”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Have had better. The service was ok but they let a party of 10 order entrees only to come back & say they were out of items. They didn't want to compensate until we asked the manager to come out. I've been here note than a few times this is the worst experience I've had. They have a lot to make up for.

Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I am sorry to hear that your birthday celebration was not exceptional. Valentines weekend was exceptionally busy this year and we did experience some product shortages due to the weather problems in Atlanta that week. I’m glad you were able to voice your concerns with our manager and received compensation. We hope to see you back again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.
Marietta, Georgia
“An Exceptional Meal - Great Service”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having lived in Louisiana for 8 years, we are quite familisr with Louisiana food (good and bad). We each had very different meals - one spicy and the other not. Both were great. Bottom line - it was some iof the best food we have had lately. While ther are a fair number of good quality restaurants in the Marietta-Kennesaw-Woodstock area, this is one of the best. Another surprise was that the cost was very reasonable. Although this location is relatively close to where we live, we have not eaten here in quite a number of years. But we were pleased with the quality, quantity, service and price enough to return more often.

• Visited February 2014
I am happy to hear that you were pleased with not only our food but our atmosphere as well. That is what we strive for and I am proud to know that we are succeeding. I am also glad that you appreciate our cuisine as someone who has a local Louisiana taste. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your future dining experiences with Copeland’s.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Updated review”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We went last Thursday and I enjoyed their Once a week special I wish they would run daily! They had charbroiled oysters and a shrimp broil that was AWESOME! Bad part is I have to wait 6 days to enjoy it again.

The previous night we were at a nearby restaurant and we noticed that their portions literally were cut in half while Copelad's portion sizes continue to remain HUGE! Kudos to them for bucking the trend in this economy.

• Visited December 2013
I’m glad you loved our Seafood Thursday features! We hope you come in every week for our Boiled seafood and Oysters. We believe you should always have a little something to take home, so our portion sizes will remain healthy. I really appreciate you great feedback and look forward to your future visits.

Been to Copeland's of New Orleans? Share your experiences!