“GREAT HOMECOOKING”

Front Porch Southern Dining & Catering
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tuesday thru Thursday Lunch: 11am - 3pm. Friday thru Saturday Lunch: 11am - 4pm Dinner 4pm - 8pm Sunday: Dinner: 11am - 4pm Lunch: One meat & three sides Dinner: Two meats & four sides - All you can eat - served family style!Lunch & Dinner include Ice Tea & Dessert Lunch - $8.50 Per person $4.25 Ages 6 - 12Kids 5 and under eat free! Lunch Delivery from 11am to 2pm (limited delivery area) $2.00 Delivery Fee Dinner - $16.50 Per person $8.25 Ages 6 - 12 Kids 5 and under eat free! Our porch is pet friendly!
Kennesaw, Georgia
“GREAT HOMECOOKING”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews(including the 1 bad one), we decided to stop in and try this place!!!! Everyone is right, this place has EXCELLENT food... It doesn't seat many people and the turnover is not very fast BUT.... Once you are seated, you kinda get the jest of the way the place operates.... There is no menus... Yr waitperson will tell you what they have... Sure, you have to wait a lil longer than most places but I really didn't see where it was a problem... Everything came out, hot right from oven.... The veggies tasted fresh and the pork chops were to die for.... A huge perfectly cooked pork chop with some of the best white peppercorn gravy I've ever had.... They served very good sized portions.... And for dessert, they had homemade peach cobbler straight from the oven.... It was great!!! The place is very clean... All of the staff seamed to be very nice and helpful.... I did notice that it is mostly an older crowd but we didn't mind at all..... They also serve dinner a couple nights a week... Dinner is all you can eat!!! The dinner a lil more pricey though... It's $16.95 but, I've spent more in other restaurants and at least here, I KNOW that ALL the food is excellent!!! I think everyone should come by and try this place!!! Besides, wouldn't you rather help out a small business like this than a corporate one? I know, I would !!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ken C

Cedartown, Georgia
“Great Southern Cooking”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and 9 of my Goldwing riding buddies stopped by for a visit. We ate buffet style, so they brought the food to our table from the kitchen in serving bowls. Almost like eating at grandma's house. We had the fried chicken, meatloaf, smothered chicken, black-eyed peas, creamed potatoes, collards, mac and cheese, slaw, cornbread and apple cobbler for dessert. They also kept our tea glasses filled. The staff was very attentive and never let us run out of anything. If you get the chance to visit you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JRBrazier
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We decided to eat here after seeing the reviews on tripadvisor. My husband and I went here on a Saturday night. The place is like a family setting, it was someone's house at one point. The owner greeted us and we were seated right away. At the time we arrived, 6pm, there were only a few people. By the time 630-7 rolled around, it got full and they don't have a lot of seating, so arrive early. But then again they close at 8. It's more of a cozy place. You get 2 meats and 4 sides and it's all you can eat. But with the first serving, you probably couldn't or wouldn't want to eat another bite. We had their fried chicken, fried tilapia, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, rice and corn soufflé. Dessert is also included, which was apple cobbler. The food was decent, especially liked their mac & cheese, so we got another serving of this. The fried chicken needed more seasoning. Wasn't too excited about the corn soufflé. Overall, the food and experience wasn't bad. I would recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
Acworth, Georgia
“Mom and Pop place”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We decided to eat here a few days after the crazy snow in Atlanta. Had some serious cabin fever and needed to get out! We were glad the roads were finally cleared. We arrived around 6pm and we were greeted warmly by one of the owners. It's a nifty place, the house is on the National Register of Historic places. The menu is updated on their facebook page daily so you can see what the proteins and sides are for the day. You choose 2 meats and 4 sides, all you can eat. It was ALOT of food. We had the fried chicken and breaded tilapia. The white meat was dry dry dry.. we asked for dark meat and it was very good, lots better. My husband and daughter enjoyed the fish (I'm allergic). We got mac & cheese, squash & onions, crowder peas and green fried tomatoes. The mac&cheese, was casserole style, very yummy. Cheesy but not salty at all. The yellow squash and onions were sauted..yum. Crowder peas were good. Fried green tomatoes, nice and crispy.. but I was missing a sauce or something to dip them in like at Mary Macs Tea room. Once we had our fill of dinner, dessert is included with a choice of Peach or Apple cobbler. Both were good, not the best I've had, but a nice finish. It's a neat little place, very homey and the nicest folks. Give it a try! Just make sure you have on elastic pants! Children 4 and under are free.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank fosterds
Atlanta
“Like a visit at mee-maw's”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I enjoy trying out new restaurants nearby, so we headed out for a Sunday dinner at the Front Porch in search of fried chicken. The restaurant is in a home built in the mid 1800's and I imagine we were eating in what used to be the parlor. You'll think you were visiting family as you get a friendly, folksy greeting at the front door. Meals are served family style, in that generous
"put some meat on those bones" way grandma would approve of. Southern classics are served here in abundance: fried chicken, meatloaf, pork chops, fried fish etc. along with numerous tempting side dishes like cornbread soufflé and crowder peas. Mashed potatoes come with a big slab of melted butter and God help me, gravy served in a gravy boat. Mm, mm, good. Don't forget to eat dessert (apple cobbler that day). After that feast, you'll need a nap on grandma's sofa...of, I mean, back home.

• Visited January 2014