“Fablous Club Sandwich”

Mc Alister's Deli
Ranked #77 of 308 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I first discovered McAlister's in Athens, and knew then it was a winner. I have been going to the Kennesaw location for years as I worked nearby. The Club Sandwich is my favorite, I have had other things there and they are ok, but this sandwich is everything you hope for, great bread, honey mustard, mayo,(always have to have extra honey mustard on the side, so good), great meats, two cheeses, lettuce and tomato, and actually put together like a Club, not some twisted version other places call Clubs. My favorite side is the potato salad, it is creamy, probably the best I have had in a deli. The sweet tea is awesome and they give you Large lemon slices, not the wimpy kind served some places. The only problem here is the service, it is hit or miss. Most of the time its great, other times you leave and check your bag after waiting too long only to discover something is wrong. The employees for the most part are college students, so hey, just be nice and usually everything goes fine! The Club is what gets the 5 stars!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent choice of items and very good Iced tea. Also excellent choice of side items, including fruit. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our first experience with McAlister's was their restaurant in Athens. Anytime we came to visit our kids while at UGA it was always their choice for a place to take them out for lunch or dinner. We've kept their Kennesaw restaurant as one of our places to go when we don't want to wait. Always have a large and changing selection of choices for your meal - and always the biggest glass of Southern sweet tea to wash it down.

Reviewed 25 April 2009

You go in, you order, then you take your seat and they bring your food to the table. They've got a good bit of variety with their menu, which has the standard sandwiches, salads, and soups, but also pizza and giant spuds done up in a number of ways. Their sweet tea is also pretty good.

The spuds are what I go for, and they are huge, a meal in and of themselves. They've also been well cooked when I've had them, despite their gigantic size. I'm quite a fan of the spuds. The deli sandwiches I've had have been good if not particularly memorable, and same with the soups. My coworkers eat them a lot and seem to like them, for what that's worth.

You can get takeout, or eat in. Seating is typical booths and tables, and there's a decent amount of it. One thing to be aware is that a line can build up at lunchtime, so try to get there before the rush.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Huge sweet tea glasses! Good sandwiches & they have those huge loaded baked potatoes. Casual atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook