“For any true Atlanta native, this is the definition of comfort food...”

The Varsity Town Center
Ranked #57 of 310 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 July 2013

While this location may not have the history or atmosphere of the original downtown location, the food is still just as good. The service has always been fine every time I've visited. If you're looking for fine dining then look elsewhere, but if you're looking for really good drive-in fare then this is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

The food was ok, not great..just ok.
Long wait for the food, forgotten items and the place wasn't very busy. Not impressed, maybe the downtown location is better.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I heard about this place from a show on the Food Network that just made it sound so nice. When I ordered my burger and fries I was sorely dissapointed. First, the burger was just a thin slab of whatever that was, and nothing else (no ketchup, no pickles, no lettuce, etc). The fries were so thin they were barely existant. The only thing decent was the orangeade but how can someone mess up orangeade? The scenery was okay, kind of like a old school cafeteria but I don't see what the rave was about on the tv.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Decided to try out the Varsity since I have heard great things for years. Service was rather poor, an unhappy associate who seamed more interested in not taking an order and my money, than making a customer happy. The crew in the back had everything pre-cooked, which surprised me since I was one of eight people inside. I received my food, and was not impressed at all. Doubt I will ever go again, even though everyone said the downtown location is the best. I can get a burger anywhere with onion rings, so I will go elsewhere. Johnny Rockets has the cool hats too, plus they care about the paying customer, and dance can't beat that.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My son and I stopped in for a bite to eat before seeing a movie at the Regal across the street and boy - the service there was like a scence from The Walking Dead! The folks behind the counter definitely seemed like they were lacking a pulse as they plodded along rounding up the food. It's very ironic that they use the same "what'd ya have?" line that they use at the original one downtown, when it's obvious they are in no particular hurry and have no interest in providing quality service. If you want a real trip to the Varsity it's worth your effort to head downtown for it.

Been to The Varsity Town Center? Share your experiences!