“Great value”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Tuscaloosa, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The rooms have been remodeled and look great. More importantly, they are clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very nice (full, hot breakfast) and hours are very convenient. The property is very accessible.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

ksubw, front desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are constantly updating and changing things around to better serve our guests. It is our hope that you will return to visit us very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a hotel that looks like it was built in the 70's with a hastily done "renovation". the window has sheer curtains that don't close. The door locks were loose. The bathroom is very small. The room had a heavy air freshener or carpet deodorizer smell. The internet speed wasn't very fast. The beds were adequate. So if you just need a place to bed down for the night, it's OK and the price was tolerable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

ksubw, front desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
That you for your review of our hotel. There are black out curtains in our windows behind the sheers against the glass. The last renovation of the hotel was less than two years ago with another scheduled for as soon as the busy season ends. We would invite you come back and try us again once that is completed.
buford, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is an old hotel that needs a facelift. It was not like shown on the photo. The room was very clean but very outdated in the décor etc. The good news is that it came with a refrigerator and a microwave. That was a big bonus. I am a fanatic about the bathroom and the towels and lines. All of this was fresh and clean. The breakfast bar was minimal but good and had an adequate variety. For the price I paid online it was well worth it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

ksubw, front desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. Our photos are updated frequently everywhere they might be displayed. They should clearly show we are an older but newly renovated motel. For the part which you did enjoy we are pleased and we hope you will come back to visit us again as we are planning more renovations in the near future.
Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had a conference at Kennesaw College. This was a hotel that was recommended by the conference. From check in to check out, everyone that I encountered from the hotel was kind and helpful. My room was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable. I usually don't like those a/c units that come off and on loudly but this unit was very quiet. I literally walked a few steps to my conference that was held right next door to the hotel! They have a free breakfast that featured the typical hot and cold items. If you wanted more of a selection, you could walk next door to the Cracker Barrel. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ksubw, front desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
That you for such a wonderful review of our motel. We hope you will join us again in the future and that our service is just as pleasing each and every stay.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My first preference in a hotel is always Best Western. I stopped here on my way home from FL and was very disappointed in this one. The location is great, right off the interstate and it looks good from the outside. I was tired when I arrived and just wanted a clean room for the night. The room was good, clean and roomy, but if I hadn't been so tired, I would have asked to be moved. The toilet was lose at the floor and wobbled when sat on. You had to stay in the bathroom after you flushed to be sure the toilet shut off, most times it didn't. The heat lamp in the bathroom would not turn off so it was on all evening and all night. It was still on when I left in the morning. The mattress was ok but the pillows need replaced. Some of the guests were rowdy outside about 9pm but eventually settled down. The walls and floors are apparently so thin I could hear someone in the room above me stomping on the squeaky floor most of the night until after 1:30am and beginning again at 6am. I met a lady in the breakfast room who asked me if I had hot water. My water was fine but she said they had no hot water and when they reported it, the front desk appeared to be aware of the problem. When she asked for an adjustment to her bill, she was told the manager would be in later. The issues I had in my room were things that should have been noticed by housekeeping. This room should not have been given to a guest. I will add the breakfast room was clean and the breakfast was ample. Check in was very smooth and the front desk clerk was helpful in recommending places to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
ksubw, Front Desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We would like to thank you first and foremost for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you as well for pointing out the good experiences in your stay as well as the bad. The maintenance issues have been brought to the attention of the proper people and will be corrected for the next guest who stays there. In some cases it takes the fresh eyes of a guest to spot the problems so we may correct them. We hope that in the future you will give us another chance to meet your expectation.
Seminole, Florida, USA
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband & I have a home in FL & travel back in forth at least twice a yr. This motel in about half way for us. We have found the motel to be very clean & convenient, plus it has a nice breakfast. An other attraction to us is Cracker Barrel is located next door.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

ksubw, front desk at Kennesaw Inn, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Quite a bit of our repeat business comes from travelers making that same yearly North-South trek. We hope that you will make us your half way stop for many years to come.
Georgetown, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Driving from the midwest (north-central Indiana) to Florida, Kennesaw is a good half-way point for the overnight stopover. We selected the Best Western Kennesaw Inn based on the Best Western brand and we were glad that we did. The property is a little older but very well kept up and the room was clean, comfortable, and cozy. Provided an excellent night's rest before driving on the next day. The free wi-fi worked, but to be honest I had to try several times to connect both in the room and in the breakfast nook. The morning complimentary meal was a full hot breakfast, well stocked and attended while patrons dropped in and ate. The staff was overall professional and friendly, especially the desk clerk Shannon at check in. Thanks for the nice place to stay, Kennesaw Inn!

Room Tip: Our room had a microwave and fridge ... we did not have to ask. If wi-fi is important you might inq...