Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw
Baymont Inn & Suites Kennesaw(Kennesaw)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$163
US$158
US$86
US$81
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Here is why I graded the way I did.

Service- in general, the staff is extremely friendly. I spoke with the manager personally and he is a great guy. Ted is AMAZINGLY friendly and helpful. He brights up my day. He deserves a raise. There is a shorter Hispanic girl that works at the front desk and she is a doll. Not knowing how long I was going to stay there, we renewed our time daily. Checking in and checking out are very efficient.

HOWEVER!!!..............there is a black guy in glasses that works there and he is complete a hole. I've seen him hang up on a customer once and then they called back and he hung up again. Even if the customer was hard to deal with, how about taking the higher road? If he had used better customer service skills, he might have solved the problem more efficiently. Hard not to associate him with the hotel because when he is on the clock, he represents the hotel. A couple of times I renewed, he just didn't seem too happy to see me and I've seen him like that with other customers too.

Without that guy, I give them 10 out of 5 (it was that good), but that guy brought the average down to a three, sorry. Hanging up on a customer is not acceptable. I'm confident they will take care of this problem and their average on this category will go back up.

Value- this hotel is great because they are very pet friendly. Other hotels charge a ridiculous amount to have a pet over.. Best priced hotel we found. However there is no continental breakfast, and no swimming pools (which I never use in hotels to begin with). Great hotel if you have pets and for travelers. Because I live in the area, I won't be staying there again, but I would for a few more nights again in the middle of a potential changing of places.

Sleep Quality- I slept great!

Cleanliness- the rooms themselves were very clean. If there was a way to better divide the non smoking rooms from the smoking rooms. I am a non smoker but the rooms surrounding me were smokers, I was using my inhaler three times a day (I hadn't needed it for a long time before that). In my honest opinion, all hotels should be smoke free zones like restaurants these days. The house maids and the workers do a great job in keeping the rooms neat and clean. The smoking thing needs to be addressed.

Location- perfect location. It's very close to restaurants, the Town Center Mall, and very close to I-75. Kennesaw itself is a relatively safe city. Roberts Ct. turns into Busbee Parkway which is a main road that is connected to different major roads so I didn't even need to turn on Barrett Parkway. It's also right next to an auto shop.

Rooms- I slept great in the beds. The beds are great. I LOVE the shower pressure! Best shower pressure I ever experienced. I would make more soap and shampoo available (even though in the latter part we got plenty of refills). The towels are kind of small. Either the AC would be extremely cold or the room was extremely hot. The AC unit itself was very loud. Hard to find power outlets. There was no alarm clock in the room we stayed at. I will agree with other reviewers about the tv image looking like the 60's but I hardly watch tv these days (to be fair to the reviewers, the main website does show a picture of a flat screen). Great internet speed.

Room Tip: Make sure you find a non smoking room clear from smoking rooms and if you smoke, you should seriously consider quitting.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

First room,--door wouldn't lock, toilet wouldn't flush. Second room, lights didn't work, about half the outlets didn't work. I felt like I had walked into scum. Because of a civil war memorial weekend every hotel/motel was booked. I couldn't wait to get out of there and go home. I wouldn't recommend this motel to a dog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank isewalot
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is in a good area...right off the interstate, no worries about our vehicle. The price was very low (about $45), so there wasn't anything exciting about the room. Not saying it was bad though. The room was very clean, just out-dated. But for $45 a night, how can I complain about out-dated? Service was alright. The room was small. The bathroom, even smaller. My wife's only complaint was that the carpet was dirty. Bottom line, if you're looking for a clean hotel (except for the carpet), to stop overnight, and you don't need any of the extras, this is well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, as I mostly do business travel and stay at "higher end" hotels. But my parents and I needed 2 rooms for several nights and wanted to watch the budget. The Red Roof Inn was a pleasant surprise! The staff was very friendly and made making reservations a breeze. The grounds were nicely maintained and the rooms were exceptionally clean! The bathrooms were immaculate. Moreover, the mattress was firm and the linens were clean & crisp. It's not fancy--but I truly felt Red Roof Inn Kennesaw delivered on its mission statement to "provide clean, comfortable rooms at a value." Indeed they did. I will definitely stay here again--and highly recommend.

Room Tip: May want a room not right off the 1st floor parking lot to minimize noise (folks coming/going).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us and allowing us to be your home away from home. I am pleased to hear you received friendly service the moment you walked in. I will be sure to praise the staff and share your comments with them. We strive to offer the best value in this area along with service or quality. We appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had stayed here previously several years ago with my daughter BUT we weren't staying in a handicap accessible then. This time however, due to my failing health I require one.
The grounds of the property are still neat and clean, very well kept.
The first room we were put in the air conditioning didn't work and with COPD/emphasema it's a must to have the room cool!! So, the front desk changed us to a different room, the air worked but no remote for the tv. My husband went up to the front desk to get a remote but the desk clerk couldn't find one so he told hubby that he'd bring us one to the room. We waited and waited, no remote. My husband went back to the front and this time a young woman was working the desk! The young man had just left without relaying our need for a remote to the next shift or anything! Hubby was not happy about that!!
There was no microwave nor refrigerator in our room either. I thought ALL motels had those these days.
No pool either.
There was also a cobweb hanging above what appeared o be an old light fixture that was no ,longer in use.
Needless to say, we won't be staying at any other Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. First off, I want to apologize and let you know we value you as a guest. . I am truly sorry for the issue with the air conditioner and remote control. We will use this feedback to make sure another guest does not encounter the same situation. Our goal is to offer a nice clean, well maintained room, at a great value and price, with exceptional service. We look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.