“My soft spot... MAlaysian food”
Review of Penang

Penang
Ranked #41 of 292 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Barrington, Rhode Island
“My soft spot... MAlaysian food”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

One my own, had hours to kill on the way to airport and quickly did a search for Malaysian food thinking of the old Penang on Buford highway. Tis place pops up, it's the original owners of Buford highway, that one went to the nephews.

Prawn noodle, one must ask to mix vermicelli (rice sticks) with noodle to get the right taste.
One of the best outside of Malaysia, actually better than many in Malaysia.

Char kuey teow is not the most authentic, but it is hard to do without the exact right noodle. This was good enough. Ask for extra spicy to be right,

Chendol was too sweet, not enough coconut milk.

Just cannot complain, but does not get 5 stars.

• Visited June 2013

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Authentic and Tasty”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is probably the best Malaysian food I had outside of Malaysia.
I would recommend beef rendang and salted fish pork.

Visited May 2013
USA
“very tasty Thai”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Very friendly service. Original and well prepared Malaysian and Thai recipes. Coconut tastes like coconut and shrimps are well prepared

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“New to Malay cuisine”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My wife and I went to Penang for the second time today. We ordered different food as we want to get better acquainted with the cuisine The service is fast and helpful explining the various dishes. The first time we ordered Pad Thai which for the first time tasted like it was made w/o ketchup. It was very good as was the sambol eggplant. These dishes were excellent.

This time we ordered a roti canai appetizer that had a peanut sauce, that was very good. We also ordered Mee Goring and other dish that had shrimp and a peanut sauce. We are introducing ourselves to a new cuising that is very good.

We are hoping to go to Sinapore next month and want to know more about it food flavors.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, lots of options”
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Many different choices and all taste superb. I also recently turned vegetarian and I don't have to switch restaurants since they offer them as well. Service is really fast and staff are very friendly. We went here yesterday for.my birthday and for a party of 16 food was made fast and high quality. Great lunch deals as well. Definitely one of my favorites.