“You Get What You Pay For......”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia because I got a great rate. It is convienent to be near my family - we are in the middle of a relocation. The room is about what I expected. The sink in the bathroom was clogged, and they should have that fixed today. The carpet is stained. The kitchen needs a dishwasher and a full-size coffee maker for someone that will be there for more than a few days. Other than that, the room is quiet during the night. The bed is very comfortable. I asked for a room that was "pet free', non-smoking, away from the elevators, and on the first floor. I got exactly what I asked for. The room is odor free. I haven't seen any sign that a pet had been in there, and I am away from the elevators. My only complaint is their grab and go breakfast starts at 7AM. If I'm not on the road by 6:30AM in Atlanta traffic, it would take me over an hour to get to work, so I can't get the breakfast I am paying for.

Room Tip: Be very specific when you make your resrvation as to what you want in a room. I was specific and go...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Terrible experience all around! Rooms were filthy. My non-smoking room was full of cigarette butts and ashes. Had a horrible smell that was sickening. Mold in the bathroom. Air-conditioner unit caked with who knows what. Lazy front desk "help". Jamie was great, but everyone else made sure not to do their job.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 23 May 2013

J Ferrell

This is a great place to stay We visited ou family member here for about hree days and nights on our way to Clarksville Tn., for our grandson's graduation. This was our third stay here and it is always great. For the person that had a bad experience well maybe it was that way you talk to them if you treat people with respect they will treat you with respect and go out of their way to help you. hey staff keep up the great work.

Room Tip: ask for what you want and see if they have it
1  Thank Janice F
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I was in the Kennesaw area and heard this was a great hotel to stay at. When I tried to check in the young lady at the desk I think her name was Violetta was very rude and seemed not to know what she was doing. I left and stayed else where. I think you need to get people with better attitudes to work there. I will not be returning to this location until I know there is better customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I am going to be completely impartial here. I travel a lot, and have spent time in various hotels for work throughout the country so when I moved here to Georgia (with exception to a few local hotels) I was pretty much aware of the selection. Moving local, I experienced a few issues with my house not being ready upon my arrival as we were having it built so my family had to stay temporarily in the hotel to avoid a long lease elsewhere. I have to say, I don't know what the negative reviews are about. To be completely fair I will give my honest opinion good and bad.

Pro's:

Staff was very friendly and helpful- all of them
The room was clean and in good order, nothing broken or smelly
There was an oven in the room, which is hard to find in a hotel especially at this price
Nice pool on the property, not the kind that made me feel like I would get out looking like "swamp thing"
The grounds were pretty, dogs not off leash/no dog feces scattered about
Location was awesome!

Con's:
Some of the guests didn't know how to keep things up tracking pool water on the carpet making it smell like mildew at times (what can the staff do about that,really?)
Again, some guests not taking into consideration other guests by leaving trash outside of the trash bins, filling them up in the laundry room at times, and cooking food that smells/smoking

Overall, I say the property is pretty good especially for the price. My only cons listed above were things that could not be controlled by the staff of the hotel, so I don't fault them. The price was also wonderful! Luckily I didn't have to stay too long because my home was ready a few weeks after check-in but I am so happy I stayed here.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor at the opposite end from the pool, there are no trash bins there and you will...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Usually my family of six are crammed in a tiny hotel room that's long and narrow, but extended stay has a beautiful room layout that gives plenty of room for moving around and relaxing. Great fully stocked kitchen and roomy closets and bathroom. Only thing they skimped on is the bfast but they have a grab and go bfast the offers fruit, cereal bars, coffee and oatmeal. If I had planned ahead we could have eaten in our nice kitchen, but I had t bought groceries.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2012

While the price is the reason why we stayed, we learnedly that you get what you pay for. We had to leave home and travel 5 hours to be with my daughter who had emergency surgery. Since we had no idea how long we would be, we tried a cheaper extended stay hotel. The terrible smell in the elevator was our first indication of the quality we would 'get. The room had a must smell also and the bed was terribly uncomfortable. On a positive note, the floors and bathroom appeared clean. The staff were friendly, but we frankly didn't feel safe. A lesson learned.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sedupree
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We are sorry to hear about your daughter and hope that she is doing better.

Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite and the smell to the room. Please know how important your comfort is to us. I am very sorry for the experience you had while staying with us.