“Great Customer Service”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

On my previous stay at this location I only met Roderick, but this time,I also got to meet Jamie, Violeta,and Crystal, who like Roderick were all courteous and helpful; but my special thanks go to Stacey the hotel manager, she went well beyond the proverbial "extra mile" to accommodate a need I had faced during my stay.You guys showed great service and one I will never forget.Thanks again.

Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are proud of our staff for providing you with such quality service. We all reviewed your comments and appreciate your kind words more than you know. Everyone remembered you and enjoyed being of service to you during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Kennesaw/Atlanta location on Busbee Drive. i started a new job, walking distance from there and I'm not the type of person to write reviews, but I really felt like this was needed. I have NEVER in my life come across a "manager" who was unprofessional, rude, insensitive, and G.H.E.T.T.O! I stayed at this hotel for over the last 3months and the experience I have received will FOREVER be with me, because I'm a "customer service" person and I take it very seriously. The manager "Stacy [--]" is I would say "very unique and special" and I'm not talking about in a "good way". She has "selective" hearing and she doesn't have any "people" skills, she really don't conduct herself as a professional or a lady. I had a emergency that happened to me while I was at work and had to be rushed to the hospital, I spent 2 days there and because of the hostity, disrepect, and ignorance from Stacy [--] I was force to asked my doctor for an early release because she was threating to throw me and my family out of her trifling hotel if I didn't pay on a room that was "supposed" to have over a "$122.35" credit!!! Once I told her (while in the hospital bed) that I was in the hospital (for a very serious condition) she then asked me..."So when are you going to come pay?".......LOL! Really!! I've been staying in this nasty hotel for over 2 months paying over $1200.00 a MONTH, You even made unauthorized charges on my card...not once...twice...three...nor four...but FIVE! times! and I did not COMPLAIN not one time! Every room you put me in was nasty....My son found a "whole" pickle (smacked!) on the wall behind the lamp! Then we found pickle seeds all over the walls in the room! I found alot of trash under our double beds (a family size bag of doritios, a old family size bag of chips ahoy, 2 12oz water bottles, a nasty thong!...etc...) but your HARASSING me, when I paid FAITHFULLY! After I convienced my doctor to release me from the hospital against his wishes (because I was there for cardic issues) I went STRIAGHT to the hotel to pay and to see what was going on and once I got there the price had changed....so once I was trying to get a understanding about my so called bill and trying not to get upset and put back in the hosptial, Ms [--] kept talking over me..she wouldn't let me address my concerns...etc. Ms Viola (she's rude, never speaks, seens slightly racist). The housekeeping staff is lazy! they're just as trifling as the hotel itself. I would not RECOMMEND this hotel to a homeless animal, just because that is how they treat you. If you can spare the extra $5.00 at a 4 star hotel or better I would suggest you do that, because it's not worth the headache or stress to deal with. I did however, report her to the district manager Sandy about Ms [--]'s behavior, lack of communication, and people skills, and she (Ms Sandy) promised it will be dealt with....but me I very much doubt that. People like (Ms Stacy [--]) get to keep their jobs and corporations care more about staff drawing away guests than they do CUSTOMER SERVICE, and very bad survey reviews. I will never stay at another Extended Stay America again I sent so much money, and put up with so much stuff to get treated the way I did.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank shernedra t
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights and upon arrival, I knew I was ready to leave, however, he was so tired of traveling he suggested we stay. The smell was that of stench and grandma's old house. The carpet was old, dirty, and full of stains. During our stay someone burned food in the building, which the fire dept had to be called, so everyone had to evacuate. After returning, the smell of the horrible smoke lingered in the halls, and rooms for 2 days. I was so disappointed with my stay that I wanted a refund. Although their price isn't as expensive as others, it should have been cheaper to stay. Also, I asked another fellow guest how did he like it here and he replied, " I'm just passing through for tonight." He also stated, "This used to be an old college dormitory." That wasn't hard to believe considering it was located near the campus of Kennesaw State University.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tonya S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Tonya - We received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the smoke is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we are working on some additional ways to provide extra ventilation when an unforeseeable circumstance, such as this, occurs.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact us, at akn@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My fiance and I visited the Chastain location this weekend and we were pretty disappointed with our stay. The room smelled awful, the laminate floors were sticky, pets were allowed in the building (which for me is really disgusting), and there were signs of mold in the shower and kitchen sink. Though the room was outfitted with a fridge, stove, and microwave we avoided as much as possible eating food there, not knowing if it would attract insects. It would have been nice to have housekeeping services available, but apparently that's reserved for guests staying a week or longer. To their defense though, we didn't complain to management because (1) we weren't there very long, mostly being there to sleep and shower and (2) we chalked it up to being the price you pay for a cheap stay. Had this been an expensive hotel, I would not have been as forgiving. But, hey, you get what you pay for...right? On the positive end, the staff were pretty nice, albeit not always available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi Andre,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we have implemented some additional housekeeping training to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at akn@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for about a month. The room was spacious with a nice kitchinette bit everything was old and dirty. I had to wake up to find that I had to kill Silverfish every morning in the bathroom. They were big ones too. Seems like every time I turned the dishwasher on more and more silverfish were in the bathroom and sometimes there were silverfish on the ceiling over the bed. The hotel needs pest control so guest don't have to waste their time doing it.

• Stayed May 2014
Seabrook Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

So so I am a traveler and stay in Marietta/Kennesaw area every week for my work.( Healthcare traveler ) The thing who bothered me the most was the attitude of the clerk receptionist at the front desk..the " DON't CARE " attitude - no greetings or WELCOME!!!
weird front desk.. no lobby with a reception, just an office on the side. the room was decent and apparently clean - no shampoo in the shower just soap..you have to ask at the front desk ( or the small office ) on the side for shampoo and more but nobody ever there..only a sign..will return at ....
my stay on 3/15/14 was alright for the price with the exception of power outage at 5:45AM while in the shower ( manage to get light with my phone ) and get out of here still the hotel in the dark .NO BREAKFAST of course.....just a sign..return at 7:00AM. Because of the attitude and lack of professionalism of the clerk at the reception when present I certainly will not return to this hotel ... it felt to me like "NOT WELCOME"

Room Tip: Reading all the reviews, I was probably lucky to get a descent room ( room 314 ) view of the footbal...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Remi B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Remi – Your review of our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the power outage is truly regrettable. I am very sorry for your experience. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will be conducting additional training to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for your feedback, as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at Carrington@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I travel for his work so ive seen hotels all over the country and this by far was the worst!!! Need front desk assistance? Good luck, they are never there with a sign saying they will be back in an hour, but they wont, they are never available! Gym equipment sound good? Too bad, they were all out of order! The hallways had the most overwhelming smell of weed and the furniture looks like something from an old scary movie, I guess to match the outdated appliances and wall paper falling off the wall and roaches everywhere! It takes alot to make me write a bad review so understand, it was this bad! It was so bad we relocated to another hotel only to find they charged way LESS than this crap hole but was way better!!!! Save your money and stay at a updated beautiful clean hotel with an amazing staff down the road at fairfield town suites, trust me!!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadLifeLady
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the condition and cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I will be discussing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am sorry that you had difficulties receiving assistance from our front desk staff. As well, I apologize that our workout equipment was out of order during your stay. I will be having our maintenance staff address this issue right away. Lastly, please know that we do not condone illegal activity of any kind and your comments regarding the smell in the hallway will be taken very seriously.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at akn@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.