“Clean, Comfortable and Great Breakfast!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Yorba Linda, California
“Clean, Comfortable and Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here late Oct/Early Nov 2013. Hotel Staff was outstanding.

Our King room was adequate in size but clean and comfortable. There was a desk and an armchair and ottoman so the two of us weren't bumping into each other all the time. Electrical outlets built into the table lamps ensured we were able to charge all our devices each night.

Pretty quiet on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot. (No issues finding a parking spot.) Decent water pressure and adjustable showerhead. A/C unit worked fine. No real counter space around the sink in our room.

Hot coffee & tea was available in the lobby throughout our stay and there was a little snack shop and microwave there, too.

The breakfast was really a plus. Most hotels' "free" breakfast offerings are pitiful. This hotel had 3 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, breads, muffins and and a "make your own waffle" setup. Items were refreshed often and milks and yogurts were in a mini-fridge, not just kept on ice like most buffets. It gave our mornings a great start!

Close to the freeway and restaurants. Our daily destination was in Marietta and it took us about
15 minutes to get there each day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was your typical Fairfield Inn. Everything was clean, staff was friendly, room was quiet, we couldn't ask for more. Breakfast had hot and cold offerings, the internet was fast and reliable. Overall, great experience and if we were in the area again we would stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here for business. When I walked into the room, the smell of dampness was overwhelming - it was coming from the AC unit. The room wasn't completely clean (stuff still in the fridge even). The bed was way too soft for my taste - but not broken down, just soft and with some sort of pillow top. The towels were really really thin. One of the days no one cleaned the room - I'd have settled for exchanging towels and removing trash.
The location is convenient, plenty of chain and local restaurants within 5 minutes. The exercise room was fine (the pool was closed). They seem understaffed - I never saw more than one person on duty.
Parking is sufficient; the room was pretty quiet; everything was in working order.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Will P
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

A hotel I have stayed in many times in Kennesaw. It is a fairly typical Fairfield Inn. Very big TV (and easy to connect my tablet to the hdmi port, which is appreciated). Decent breakfast for free continental (had hot eggs, etc. as well as typical continental fare), fitness room was fairly well appointed. Why not 5 stars? Room was a bit worn, chips in enamel in bathroom, etc., renovation work was going on which had the whole place smelling like glue, and my room was a bit musty but overall a very positive experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff L
GA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We've stayed here twice. The first time used points and it was great. We received or free upgraded at check in and the service was great. The 2nd time not so much. No free upgrade and the room could have used a little upgrading. The air was out in the hallway, thank goodness not in the room. Overall it was a good stay and I'm sure we will stay here again. It is convenient to a lot of places. Just make sure to ask for your upgrade. There is a restaurant in front of the parking lot and is easily convenient to walk to.

Room Tip: If you can get the upgrade. The rooms are much bigger.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel was a perfect location for my husband and I for our long trip from FL to TN. We wanted to get past Atlanta, then sleep a few hours then pick up our road trip again in the AM. This hotel is right off the interstate, so it was a perfect location for us. When we made the reservation we told the hotel that we would not be arriving until around 2 or 3AM. We arrived right at 2, and the girl at the front desk was all ready for us! She was very friendly and gave us a bottle of water and a bag of pretzels. She told us about the breakfast, but we were not planning on waking up early for that anyway. We picked this hotel because we didn't have to check out until 12pm! Thats usually unheard of for a hotel check out!

The room was clean, the bed was so comfortable! I usually have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep in hotel beds. This bed felt like memory foam and we chose a room with a king size bed so it was a good size for us!

The only complaint I have is that the room smelled so musty. You could smell it from the moment you walked in the room and the smell never went away. The room served its purpose for us, so I overlooked it. The staff was very friendly and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Mrs. Davis,
I just want to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am grateful for the wonderful comments you provided and I do apologize for the smell you experienced in your room. My team and I are working diligently to eliminate the cause of the smell in some of our rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you are in the area!
Lexy Bapst
Belleair Bluffs, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stay here for one night (Sat) on my way North up I-75,

As a frequent Marriott guest I found the expected cleanliness and friendliness and amenities that I expect from a Fairfield Inn. What WAS outstanding was the communication, the after the say request for feedback, and the caring concern shown by the Property Manager (Lexi) for the feedback I did provide. This alone set this property above similar Marriott properties.

I would recommend staying here to my best friends, knowing they would be treated appropriately. Thanks for a peaceful, restful nights sleep!

Room Tip: I had a first floor room in the front (127) and experienced NO noise problems, as the property is se...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review! We are well aware of the many hotel choices you have in the area and we are grateful you chose to stay with us! We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to make me your point of contact if there is anything I can do to assist you!
Wishing you safe travels,