“Great experience.....strongly recommended”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 4 September 2012

1st time staying at this hotel with this franchise. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights renting out 2 rooms during the Labor Day weekend. The entrance, lobby, hallways and rooms had the typical smell of an older hotel. However, the property looked new from the outside and inside. The two rooms we rented were very well clean and spacious with sturdy and well maintained furniture. The only two issues we found were the toaster in 1 room did not work correctly and the light bulbs for two of the lamps in the other room needed to be replaced...these are minor issues. They were not replaced during our stay only because we intentionally left the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign. The desk clerks were very professional and quickly processed our check-in and check-out. Also, the walls and doors do an excellent job of keeping the noise out. In addition, the price was perfect.

Overall, this is a highly recommended hotel to choose if you plan to visit downtown Atlanta or surrounding area. Clean, quiet, comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms don't include shampoo and dishwasher soap. However, you can ask for these items at the fro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Six-month contract from 3/5/12 - 8/24/12. Live near Charlotte, NC. Home each weekend. Paid weekly rate which worked out to $20 to leave stuff in room over weekend. Well worth it. Very friendly, helpful, courteous staff. Sustained an injury and surgery while playing sports and was on crutches during 7 weeks of stay. Front desk offered unsolicited help with groceries. Kim, housekeeping, helped each week with luggage. Even called Lorna the manager one day to ask that she go into my room and put an ice pack in the freezer that I had forgotten for my therapy. Very clean. No harsh chemicals used in cleaning or masking odors. Very fresh linens.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Kim and Lorna. We strive to provide a "home away from home", or a place where someone like yourself can feel comfortable recupperating. It is so rewarding to know we were able to provide this for you and hope you are healing nicely, soon to be back on your feet!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I've had a great experience and stay here.I've been coming and going from North Carolina to work in Kennesaw for the last three years;and I've made this hotel my home away from home. It would be great if a common sitting area would be provided for guests like me who have friends and family visiting, considering that I am staying on a long term basis.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I hope to help anyone else trying to decide where to stay in this area like I was. This property is definitely a good option for anyone looking for a convenient, clean, economical suite in a great safe and clean town/exit. I was worried because I had not stayed at an extended stay before and wanted to find an economical option for our week stay for a baseball tournament. This location is at a great location, near two interstates for easy access and great malls, restaurants, etc. That was my first relief as I didn't know the area at all heading from Florida. I've stayed at many hotels for travel ball and spend much more than my $46.99 a night rate I had here. I was most weary of the area/safety and I couldn't have been more pleased. The room itself was on the third floor and was one of the quietiest I've ever stayed in, which is a big plus for me. I've stayed in Homewood Suites in Ft. Myers to the the tune of $100+ a night with constant flushing noised down mybedroom wall 24/7. The air was cold, the room was clean and adequate, and the kitchenette was a huge plus for a week's stay. The laundry room was large and in working condition, which is more than I can say for some of the more expensive hotels that I've stayed in. There is no breakfast which is not a huge priority for us as we never make the timeframe usual hotels offer it and usually have to go pick up something anyway. There is not a pool (except the one at the sister hotel you can use) which is not something baseball players need in the middle of a tournament anyway. There is not daily housekeeping which frankly I am glad about. It saves the daily knocking on the door "housekeeping and the daily tip (another savings). When we needed new towels we just switched them out at the front desk. Then after five days we were scheduled for a full housekeeping, which was sufficient. We had an issue with our refrigerator and the staff was more than diligent in getting it switched out and even asked if we wanted a new room until the weekend was over and the repairman was there. The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful all through the process from booking the room to checking out. The best part of the entire process was we were quickly refunded the balance of the days we didn't need to stay there. The hotel was well-kept and quiet as promised. The only improvement to our room could be a ventilation in the bathroom and a larger TV and a bit softer mattress, but remember for $46.99 (half of what I normally spend) I was exceptionally pleased. They will get my business again.

Room Tip: 333 Third floor facing back of hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Atlanta - Kennesaw. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Great place to stay for a home experence, clean and quiet, stay with them alot...

Room Tip: Great Non Smoking Floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We had 2 rooms at a very good AAA rate. The one room was fine - except that the previous guests had stashed their dirty towels under the sink and housekeeping had not noticed. However, the second room (which my kids were staying in) was awful: no sheets on the bed, the toilet was backed up and clogged, and the refrigerator did not work. It obviously had not been cleaned; but they didn't have anything else available. We checked in at 10:30 so had to hurry and get the front desk to give us sheets, and then find a plunger, because they go home at 11:00 and we were on our own. They handed me the plunger and it was up to us to take care of the toilet!

There are numerous hotels on the same stretch of road, so if I have to go there again for any reason, I will be choosing a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gsweeton196
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My wife and I stayed here overnight while I was traveling on business. The staff & room were nice, and the price was great. You may try bidding on this one for the lowest price. We did and were pleased.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business