Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

First pulled up to the hotel very well kept up. No problems checking in. Front desk was very friendly and fast. Told us all the info we needed. Room was right by the elevator but we didn't hear a thing. Room was super clean and organized. Didn't have that many channel's to choose from is the only bad thing I have to say about my stay. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Everything you need is about a mile away. Love it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank boones33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was a clean, nice and quality hotel for a very reasonable rate per night. The Front desk staff called Owen Chilongo was very helpful and friendly. Great place to spend the night when coming from out of state. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This place was clean. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were really spacious. Good price for the room. Yeah they were blooked for all the single bed but the double beds room was not bad at all. If I had another choice to go there again I really would. I recommended this place for anyone who wants to get comfortable and just a kick back before going out of state again.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel in a excellent location off I-75. Overall cleanliness very good, easy check in, front staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Wish they had some type of point system fir number of nights stayed.

• Stayed June 2013
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I just finished an 8 week stay at this ESA. I don't have one complaint. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean, The free wi-fi never dropped out on me. The laundry facilities were top notch. Very quiet rooms. Plenty of HOT water. The bedding was always crisp and clean. Stay here if you get the chance. And don't forget to tip the housekeeper. If I come back to Atlanta to work again you will find me right here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dpk921
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with everything we have to offer at the property. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I travel a lot for work and based on previous experience was a little hesitant about staying in an extended stay for a week with the family and dog while we re-located to Atlanta. The first thing that caught my eye was the reviews of this extended stay and the direct response to each review by management...great first impression that management took an active interest in customers and customer opinion....and the impression carried through during my entire stay.

From check-in to check-out, the entire family (and dog alike) were treated like distinguished guests and remembered each time we passed by the front desk. From the lobby to the room, everything was clean and well kept-up. Appliances, fixtures, everything was functional and either new or at least fresh.

The room was a typical extended stay room, with refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, sink, etc. The beds were a little on the small side but managable and most important clean! As a business traveller, it would have been more than perfect. As a family of four + a dog, it was a little cramped, and could have used a few more kid-friendly television channels, but I get the demographic ESA is serving so it was expected.

Honestly, bang-up job on this hotel guys! You've renewed my opinion of extended stay-type hotels and I hope others in your chain and hotel type follow suit.

And-- many thanks to Owen at the front desk. Top notch customer service, without fail!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tommyhowler
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I'm thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that we were able to have a positive impact on your view of Extended Stay Hotels.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have stayed at this location four separate times for three weeks at a time spanning from Dec. 2012 to Apr. 2013.

The staff members are extremely friendly and are always available to assist your needs. I do not have experience with the cleaning staff since I have a pet, and pet policy states they have to be caged on your cleaning day (which I canceled since it would be impossible for my cat to stay in a cage while I am at work). You are able to take out your own trash and exchange dirty towels and bedsheets for new ones at the front desk, so this worked out well for me.

I have stayed in 4 different rooms (3 on the top floor, 1 on the ground floor). You will always get a different scent each time (smokey, oriental, etc.). I recommend bringing Glade plug-ins. I would also recommend the first floor, since more reasonable people stay on that floor (no parties/not as loud).

The beds are comfortable for hotel, and they provide about 40 channels on TV, with free Showtime.

The kitchen is on the small side. You have one large stove-top burner and one small stove-top burner, which is sufficient enough for most meals. The counters are a bit on the small side, but just large enough.

The reason this review gets four starts is the awful internet. Good luck getting on your work's VPN at reasonable speeds. I tested the bandwith consistently on SpeedTest.net, and the free wi-fi runs at about 0.75 Mbps. Extended Stay uses Guest-tek to manage their bankdwith distribution, so you can pay $30/month, $15/week, or $3/day to upgrade to 2.5 Mbps bandwith, which still is not all that stellar. If you do not need the internet, then disregard.

The location is good; there is a mall about a mile away, and lots of restaurants in the area that are a short drive away, or even walkable. Tough to make a left turn out of the hotel, though. I recommend going up towards Chastain Rd. if you need to get on I-75 or I-575 during heavy traffic.

As a warning, check if there are any concerts at the Fifth Third Bank Stadium (next to hotel). If there is, do not stay. It shakes the whole building and you will be angry.

Overall, it was a good extended stay hotel. I wish I could stay at Homewood Suites, but that is way too expensive, even for a company to pay for. The Extended Stay is a good alternative, and I would stay again given there is no concert nearby.

Room Tip: Bottom Floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Paul - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and staff; however, we apologize that you experienced some noise disturbances when a concert is held at the stadium nearby. Still, it is so rewarding to read that you would return and have a multitude of times!

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback especially on the internet so that we may hope to improve upon that service in the future. I invite you to contact me, at carrington@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.