“Best value and safe place in Kennesaw, GA”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I am a college student out here at KSU and need a place to stay out here often. I have stayed in many motels around here and have very complicated and unsafe feelings when I'm out here alone. The Extended Stay America on Busbee Pkwy was amazing. Very clean, staff was amazing, location was great and right around the corner from school, stores, and restaurants; the location was safe and I never felt sketched out like I have at other hotels around here. Being a college student, I can't afford to stay at the 5 stars out here, so this stay was definitely the best I've had out here at Kennesaw and the best value. I seriously cannot believe what I got for the price. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to stay near KSU in Kennesaw, GA.

Room Tip: Just be aware of where the sun rises and sets if you would want a room that wasn't hit by it; th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelli L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and safe. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room, staff, and your experience.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Although this is my first time reviewing a hotel, it certainly isn’t my first hotel stay. I usually use tripadvisor when researching places to stay, so I figured it is about time to pay it forward. My husband and I needed a hotel for one night for a concert we were going to in ATL. We decided to go for the much cheaper option of staying farther from downtown versus paying more to be within walking distance to the concert venue. We got an extremely low rate on priceline, and overall, everything would have been worth the rate except for the last con listed below.

PROS:
- Great value that included fridge, stove, etc. (would be awesome for longer stays)
- Clean
- Free wi-fi (slightly slow)
- Overall comfortable (bed slightly hard but no problems sleeping on it)
- Good AC

CONS:
- Room strongly smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room (only the cold AC helped conceal it slightly)
- No king-sized bed available
- Only bathroom amenities offered is soap, although the receptionist offered a basket of items available should we have forgotten something
- Grab and go breakfast had meager offerings (packaged muffins, granola bars, apples, bananas and coffee). Also stops at 9:30 am
- Checkout time is 11:00 am (12:00 pm times are way better!)
- We were called at 10:40 am on checkout day by a man who was inquiring if we were staying another day. I told him no, which followed by him reminding us that checkout time was at 11:00 am. I have never had that experience in any of my hotel stays before! I felt it to be very rude. We still had 20 minutes, and I am a 32-year-old woman- I don’t need to be reminded of schedules and such. I manage taking care of those things just fine on my own. Additionally, in the call, there was no customer service or kindness- no, How are you? Have a great day! Nothing. Just a call to make sure we knew we had to be out in 20 minutes. Therefore, we felt super-rushed in those last 20 minutes and just annoyed overall. Not a fun way to start your Saturday.

Although, like I said, it was a great value and overall a fine stay, I likely would not choose this hotel again, even for the price we paid, just because that call was so off-putting. Customer service goes a long way- even in smaller, lower-priced hotels such as this one.

Room Tip: We only stayed in a non-smoking ground room which smelled of smoke. Bring a plugin air-freshener for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your had a smoke odor and it was a non smoking room. I discussed your comments with the team about the call you received prior to checking out, and in the future we will make sure not to make our guest feel rushed but welcome and important. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I invite you to contact me, at carrington@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

First pulled up to the hotel very well kept up. No problems checking in. Front desk was very friendly and fast. Told us all the info we needed. Room was right by the elevator but we didn't hear a thing. Room was super clean and organized. Didn't have that many channel's to choose from is the only bad thing I have to say about my stay. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Everything you need is about a mile away. Love it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank boones33
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was a clean, nice and quality hotel for a very reasonable rate per night. The Front desk staff called Owen Chilongo was very helpful and friendly. Great place to spend the night when coming from out of state. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This place was clean. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were really spacious. Good price for the room. Yeah they were blooked for all the single bed but the double beds room was not bad at all. If I had another choice to go there again I really would. I recommended this place for anyone who wants to get comfortable and just a kick back before going out of state again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel in a excellent location off I-75. Overall cleanliness very good, easy check in, front staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Wish they had some type of point system fir number of nights stayed.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I just finished an 8 week stay at this ESA. I don't have one complaint. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean, The free wi-fi never dropped out on me. The laundry facilities were top notch. Very quiet rooms. Plenty of HOT water. The bedding was always crisp and clean. Stay here if you get the chance. And don't forget to tip the housekeeper. If I come back to Atlanta to work again you will find me right here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dpk921
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with everything we have to offer at the property. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.